Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion winger braced for a hot reception at Hillsborough [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Jamie Murphy is prepared for some abuse at Sheffield Wednesday tonight after playing for cross-city rivals United.
Albion’s Scottish winger, just a spectator at Hillsborough previously, is relishing the return to the city he called home for two-and-a-half years, even if it leads to extra stick for him from Wednesday supporters.
Glasgow Rangers fan Murphy, on target in his last two away appearances for the Seagulls, told The Argus: “I don’t know how much of me they would have seen. That happens when you get rivalries in football. That makes it part of what it is.
“They are obviously a big club, I knew that from staying there, but we have got a great team down here and we are going there trying to win.
“I’ve been there before, only to a Rangers-Sheffield Wednesday friendly a few years ago. It was obviously just across the city from where I lived but I’ve never managed to play there.
“The rivalry is huge even though they are in different divisions. You are reminded of it by every fan you meet.
Unfortunately, a couple of years ago we would have got them in the next round of the FA Cup. I think every fan wanted it but it never quite came that way.
“It will be good. Playing at Sheffield United for a few years you want to play against Wednesday, you want to play in big games. I never managed to do that but I might get the next-best thing I suppose.”
Albion have no fresh injury worries following deputy captain Bruno’s recovery from cramp near the end of Saturday’s 1-1 draw at Reading.
Manager Chris Hughton hopes to have skipper Gordon Greer (knee) available for Saturday’s home game against MK Dons but is resigned to still being without Murphy’s fellow winger Kazenga LuaLua until the following fixture at Burnley on November 22.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here