Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Potts at the Hawth tonight?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
If I only think a snobbish comment rather than saying it out loud, does it make me less of a snob? Thought not. *sigh*

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If I had known about this earlier, we would have gone.

As much as he is derided for his break on the factor/britain's got talent conveyer belt, he is actually a very good tenor.

Now if the guy who does the go compare ad was on somewhere, then I would certainly make an effort to see him. He is one of our best tenors at the moment.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I didnt realize that he was still performing an thought he had joined the many who win a talent show and just fall by the wayside. What I would be more interested in, but dont think it will happen, is for Charlotte Church to restart her career singing classical and operatic songs again.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A poor mans Russell Watson

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
A poor mans Russell Watson

Regrettably, he had to cancel last night's performance in the glittery centre-of-the-entertainment-industry town of Yeovil.

The venue commented: "[FONT=open_sans]The Yeovilton Military Wives were eagerly awaiting their rescheduled evening with Russell Watson tonight until the news came that the world famous (sic) Tenor would have to re-schedule."[/FONT][FONT=open_sans]

http://www.westerngazette.co.uk/Rus...tory-28100797-detail/story.html#ixzz3qQNgW0n1
[/FONT]

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I hope Russell is ok. I know that was a dig at the town and his appeal but the whole tour is based on more intimate venues

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I hope Russell is ok. I know that was a dig at the town and his appeal but the whole tour is based on more intimate venues

More the former than the latter, tbh, but yes, a little bit of a dig at the "world-famous" Russell (who I'd never heard of, unlike, say, Luciano Pavarotti) too. I too hope he's not so ill he has to cancel his appearance in front of his adoring fans in Yeovil for a third time. :wink:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
More the former than the latter, tbh, but yes, a little bit of a dig at the "world-famous" Russell (who I'd never heard of, unlike, say, Luciano Pavarotti) too. I too hope he's not so ill he has to cancel his appearance in front of his adoring fans in Yeovil for a third time. :wink:

Considering he nearly died of a brain tumour twice and has to take about 50 different pills a day just to function I think it is a real achievement to be performing at all

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Only 4 days to wait, Dave!

THE FRON AND WYNNE EVANS IN CONCERT

Wynne Evans

William Aston Hall

WREXHAM: William Aston Hall

SAT 7TH NOV, 2015 7:30pm

£15.00 + £1.50 Booking fee = £16.50

The Fron as they are affectionately known are one of the finest Male Voice Choirs in the UK. This Welsh choir is the real deal, the captivating sound of fifty unadulterated male voices coming together to make extraordinary music. They have been moving people for the past 69 years with their balance of classical, sacred, and modern music including choral arrangements of pop classics.

The choir has a massive fan-base, with numerous national TV appearances including such favourites as The Parkinson Show, Paul O'Grady Show and the Alan Titmarsh Show. They have a proven success record on the competition stage as well as being top entertainers. Their Voices of the Valley series of CD releases have been awarded numerous gold and platinum disks and are sold in over 70 countries. On the road the From Male Voice Choir has built a reputation as an unforgettable live choir.

Carmarthen-born opera singer Wynne, regularly performs in Opera houses in the UK and around the world. He has led the singing at the Millennium Stadium prior to International rugby matches, and regularly appears on radio and TV.

He is also an actor and radio presenter. Wynne has been the voice over for a Gary Lineker crisp advert but is best known throughout the UK as the tubby waiter Gio Compario who belted out catchy jingles on television commercials for the GoCompare – a role that saw him voted "Britain's most irritating man". An award that says more for his acting ability than about Wynne himself.

He is the popular presenter of a weekly radio show on Radio Wales called Wynne Evans' Big Welsh Weekend. His easy presentation style and infectious sense of humour makes him first choice to cover for other presenters on holiday or involved in other projects. Among his numerous TV appearances he has acted on the popular TV comedy Stella.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Considering he nearly died of a brain tumour twice and has to take about 50 different pills a day just to function I think it is a real achievement to be performing at all

Undoubtedly. I'm not sure what that has to do with whether or not he's "world famous" though.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Undoubtedly. I'm not sure what that has to do with whether or not he's "world famous" though.

You are the only one who referred to him as World famous but he was no 1 in the USA and UK for weeks on end, had 13 top 20 albums in the UK and well known by a lot of people across the World

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
You are the only one who referred to him as World famous

Not true.

As I posted in post #12, the Western Gazette made the claim, not I. I merely mocked the claim.

but he was no 1 in the USA and UK for weeks on end, had 13 top 20 albums in the UK and well known by a lot of people across the World

#1 on the classical (sic) chart, you mean? Last time he was #1 on the classical (sic) chart in the US (and second time in total) was in 2001. That album reached the giddy heights of 114 in the main US chart. His last eight albums, dating back to 2007, haven't bothered even the US classical (sic) chart, let alone the main chart. His last two albums haven't made any chart anywhere in the world other than the UK classical (sic) chart, where they peaked at #5 and #17.

On the basis of this evidence I would assess his career as "had some decent success very early in his career around the turn of the Millennium, but has been tracking downwards ever since and is now, frankly, a bit of a has been and in no way is he 'world famous' in any generally accepted meaning of the phrase". But what do I know?

Also, he "supports" Manure.

Anyway, this is getting dull. I'm out. I hope you enjoy his gig if you go to see him in "Tunsbridge Wells" (sic - as spelled on his website) next May.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here