Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Superb Cyclist v Land Rover road rage

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
NSFW……beacoup swearing C word heavy

Abuse aside……Is there any reason why we should build more cycle paths when given the option cycle path or road some cyclists are happy to use the road as the preferred option

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Yawn. This is at least 6 months old and I can't see the debate being any different.

I'll summarise

Why don't cyclists use the cycle lanes?
Why aren't motorists more patient?
Why are cyclists such Lycra clad Eco warrior wankers?
Why are motorists such hot headed psycho death machine driving twats?
Why don't cyclists pay road tax
There is no such thing as road tax

Repeat ad infinium

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'll summarise

indeed its a valid question

i love the video because of the ridiculous amounts of swearing....thats just my sense of humour..............but agree people are dickheads

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
[emoji468] [emoji609] [emoji598] [emoji600] [emoji602] [emoji603] [emoji590] [emoji597] [emoji594] [emoji592]
Cyclists doing what they do best, getting in the way.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Yawn. This is at least 6 months old and I can't see the debate being any different.

I'll summarise

Why aren't motorists more patient?
Why are cyclists such Lycra clad Eco warrior wankers?
Why are motorists such hot headed psycho death machine driving twats?
Why don't cyclists pay road tax
There is no such thing as road tax

Repeat ad infinium

You left off....why don't cyclist have to have compulsory road insurance?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Cyclists can get up to a good speed on the roads, but not so on cycle paths
The real problem with cycle paths is that they are often an afterthought. They are usually too narrow and nearly always are not properly integrated with the rest of the highway.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The real problem with cycle paths is that they are often an afterthought. They are usually too narrow and nearly always are not properly integrated with the rest of the highway.

And usually shared with pedestrians and (and dogs, and prams) and therefore unusable.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is the right answer.
2 examples:-

1 - There's a designated cycle path from Havant to Gun Wharf Quay. That's maybe 10 miles.
On the front at Southsea you have the beach, the promenade, then a low wall, a 2 lane cycle road, intermittent concrete bollards, then the road.

2 - Between Clymping and Littlehampton there's a designated wide cycle and pedestrian path, for a mile.
At the river bridge BOTH paths stop, all tarmac stops, there isn't any form of pathway, pedestrian bridge or underpass.
It's the very definition of 'road to nowhere'.

Naturally drivers are frustrated at cyclists not using the path, I would be too.
But it's impossible to use as at the end you have to join fast flowing traffic, 100 yards from a major roundabout.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Is the right answer.
2 examples:-

1 - There's a designated cycle path from Havant to Gun Wharf Quay. That's maybe 10 miles.
On the front at Southsea you have the beach, the promenade, then a low wall, a 2 lane cycle road, intermittent concrete bollards, then the road.

2 - Between Clymping and Littlehampton there's a designated wide cycle and pedestrian path, for a mile.
At the river bridge BOTH paths stop, all tarmac stops, there isn't any form of pathway, pedestrian bridge or underpass.
It's the very definition of 'road to nowhere'.

Naturally drivers are frustrated at cyclists not using the path, I would be too.
But it's impossible to use as at the end you have to join fast flowing traffic, 100 yards from a major roundabout.

I have a perfect example of a totally shìt and thus completely pointless cycle path just yards from my house. It is nothing more than a shared pavement and as it goes round a corner, the cycle path part of the pavement cuts right into some parking bays that are a six inch drop in the road. It is a complete joke. I might post it on here if I remember.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have a perfect example of a totally shìt and thus completely pointless cycle path just yards from my house. It is nothing more than a shared pavement and as it goes round a corner, the cycle path part of the pavement cuts right into some parking bays that are a six inch drop in the road. It is a complete joke. I might post it on here if I remember.
But it allows the council to say:-

"we've invested hundreds of thousands of pounds on designated cycle schemes, to keep us healthy, safe and environmentally friendly".

Nimrods.

The cycle path near The Telscome Tavern and The Badgers Snatch is a shared path with pedestrians (for those that can understand the sign) however, cyclist get "tutted at" for using it (by the majority that don't understand the signs) so it's easier to use the road.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The cycle path near The Telscome Tavern and The Badgers Snatch is a shared path with pedestrians (for those that can understand the sign) however, cyclist get "tutted at" for using it (by the majority that don't understand the signs) so it's easier to use the road.

Where you will get "tutted at" for using it by motorists.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here