Sky Bet Championship

Venue: Hillsborough Stadium
Date: Tuesday 3rd November 2015
Kick-off: 19:45 GMT
Referee: Kevin Wright
Assistants: Michael D'Aguilar, Nick Greenhaigh
Fourth official: David Coote

TEAM NEWS

• [*=left]Sheffield Wednesday's loan signing Gary Hooper hopes to make his first start for the club on Tuesday.
    [*=left]Michael Turner (knee) and Modou Sougou (shoulder) remain unavailable but Sam Hutchinson and Alex Lopez may return.
    [*=left]Brighton's Gordon Greer (knee) and Kazenga LuaLua (groin) are unavailable. Gaeten Bong is also ruled out until January with a knee injury.
    [*=left]Bong's absence hands an opportunity to Liam Rosenior to continue at left-back.

MATCH FACTS

• [*=left]Sheffield Wednesday have never lost at home to Brighton in the league, winning six and drawing seven.
    [*=left]Brighton have scored just 10 goals in those 13 matches, bagging more than once on just one occasion.
    [*=left]Brighton are currently enjoying their longest ever start to a season without losing (W8 D6).
    [*=left]They are the only team in the top four tiers to remain unbeaten this season.
    [*=left]The Owls have committed more fouls than any other Championship side this season (196).

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Having seen examples of their board on NSC today, would like to see Murphy score any winner, just to really piss them off :D

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Would like to see a bit more width in the side today, March in for Crofts maybe? Shame LuaLua is out until after the international break think he and Murphy will cause trouble against most teams.

Baldock, please get yourself a goal tonight.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
After 5 draws in the last 7 games, it's time for a win. Bobby to break the Hillsborough curse like he smashed the October one. 0-1 away win!

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
We nearly always come out of Hillsborough with a feeling of annoyance, bitterness and some self-inflicted disappointment, memorable games but for the wrong reasons.
They are usually over-physical on a pitch like a ploughed field.
We have lost two games In the last few minutes and conceded an equaliser in a third.
Upson’s debut !! Thankfully he improved after that.
Ashley’s sending off. El-Abd collapsing clutching his head when pushed in the chest.
Knight’s altercations in centre-circle after final whistle. Dave Jones and Charlie’s handbags on the touchline.
Annoying wind-up merchants like Creswell and Mellor.
Last season’s game being one of the worst ever.
Walking through THAT tunnel a few seasons ago – freezing cold on a warm day.

Good highlights for us?
Late equalisers to rescue a point by Kazim-Richards and, before that, John Byrne on the way to the play offs.
Can’t be bothered to look it up, but I think Hans Kraay and even Lammie Robertson scored there for us in games past.
Oh – and we did see Leon Best score. But for them.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We're due a loss. But we're also due a win by more than one.

So 3-0 to us then. A Murphy pile driver, one straight off Baldock's arse, and Zamora applying a routine third with half the Hillsborough crowd already on it's way home.

The football geniuses on Owlstalk will then conclude we were shìt.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Best prices:

Sheff Wed: 17/10
Draw 23/10
The Albion: 2/1

The draw looks the value bet to me.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Would prefer to see us play in the 442 that has served us so well in the league so far this season. I am worried that CH will see Saturday's result as a success and we will revert to be a more cautious and defensive team again.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
strooth just got in from the melbourne cup piss up and i can tell thee right now that nowt is nailed on , ever, so with that in mind i'm going for a 3-5 win to us lot ......not that lot of cheese sandwich eating planks....! whippet , whippet good....!!!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Expecting to see:

---------------------Stockdale------------------------
---Rosenior-----Dunk-------Hune------Bruno---
------------Stephens---Crofts---Kayal-------------
----Murphy-------------------------------Baldock---
-----------------------Hemed--------------------------

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stockdale

Bruno
Hunemeier
Dunk
Rosenior

Crofts
Kayal
Stephens
Murphy

Baldock
Hemed

Subs : Maenpaa, Calderon, Goldson, Ince, March, Elvis, Zamora

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Would prefer to see us play in the 442 that has served us so well in the league so far this season. I am worried that CH will see Saturday's result as a success and we will revert to be a more cautious and defensive team again.

Short a winger aren't we?

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
We need goals to win the match. Personally I feel the time has come to rest Baldock..2 goals in ,I think, 12 Championship appearances is not good enough for a striker in a promotion-gaining team.

I would give Elvis a start ,to boost his confidence and see what he can do . He cannot do worse

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Expecting to see:

---------------------Stockdale------------------------
---Rosenior-----Dunk-------Hune------Bruno---
------------Stephens---Crofts---Kayal-------------
----Murphy-------------------------------Baldock---
-----------------------Hemed--------------------------

I would suggest you have the full backs wrong as Bruno will be right back and Rosenior left.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here