Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Star Trek TV series to premiere in 2017

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Woo hoo!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34704082

A new Star Trek television series will launch in January 2017, CBS has announced.

According to the show's website, it "will introduce new characters seeking imaginative new worlds and new civilizations".

The hugely successful show franchise celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2016.

"There is no better time to give Star Trek fans a new series," said David Stapf, president of CBS TV studios.

Alex Kurtzman, who co-wrote and produced the blockbuster films Star Trek (2009) and Star Trek Into Darkness (2013) will serve as executive producer for the series.

"Everyone here has great respect for this franchise and we're excited to launch its next television chapter in the creative mind and skilled hands of Alex Kurtzman, someone who knows this world and its audience intimately," added Stapf.

The series will begin with a special preview broadcast on the CBS Television Network before running exclusively on CBS All Access, the network's digital subscription video on demand and live streaming service.

It is also expected to be distributed around the world by CBS Studios International.

The original Star Trek spawned a dozen feature films and five television series, and is still licensed on platforms across over 190 countries.

According to StarTrek.com the franchise still generates more than a billion social media impressions every month.

The new series is not related to the upcoming feature film Star Trek Beyond, to be released in summer 2016.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Afew years ago about 3/4 they were advertising for people on You Tube to star in a new online series
I cannot for the life of me remember what the series was called it was only one word like the name of the ship in it.
Obviously never got started it wasnt a kids bedroom job either, it was a big money production and they had already made some great battle scene
trailers for it.
Just wondering if it may have come from that.
If i heard the name i would know it straight away.
So annoyingi cant find the ads anymore

D

Deleted member 22389

Engage....
If it's as good as the next generation I shall watch.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Good times all round, though I do wonder whether it'll aim to emulate previous tv versions or the newer films...interesting either way!

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Afew years ago about 3/4 they were advertising for people on You Tube to star in a new online series
I cannot for the life of me remember what the series was called it was only one word like the name of the ship in it.

That was Star Trek Renegades, there were some webisodes (a bit pedestrian to tell the truth) and now they're making some more. There were/are some former Star Trek actors involved, Tim Russ and Robert Beltran among others.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
That was Star Trek Renegades, there were some webisodes (a bit pedestrian to tell the truth) and now they're making some more. There were/are some former Star Trek actors involved, Tim Russ and Robert Beltran among others.

No that definetly wasn't the one that I saw, not the same name I would know it if i heard it, it was svery similar to Star Trek Eliminator something like that.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Next and DS9 were just about tolerable but Voyager and Enterprise both crocks of shat apart from the totty.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
TNG was excellent, ok the early series looked like it had the same budget that the 60's one spent on Shatners wig , but overall it's probably the best series of Star Trek along with the Originals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here