Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aston Villa and Remi Garde.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Reckon he may have totally underestimated the job that needs doing there. Makes you wonder if they had trouble finding suitors for the roll.
I hope he flops and Villa get relegated, I honestly believe they have the worst set of fans in the country.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Reckon he may have totally underestimated the job that needs doing there. Makes you wonder if they had trouble finding suitors for the roll.
I hope he flops and Villa get relegated, I honestly believe they have the worst set of fans in the country.

In the words of The Beach Boys "Oh would'nt that be nice".

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Strange appointment imo, no management experience in England, taking over a side devoid of confidence, and lacking quality. A chance he'll light a spark, but more likely it'll be like Magath and Fulham. Villa fans really have had a dreadful ride these last few years, having to endure McLeish, Lambert, and the out of his depth Sherwood. Would be funny to see them relegated

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I think, given time, he'll do well.

He did well at Lyon.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Strange appointment imo, no management experience in England, taking over a side devoid of confidence, and lacking quality.

There's a high proportion of managers currently in the Premiership who hadn't had experience of management in England before taking over ie Koeman, Wenger, Pochettino -some work out well, some don't - it's not an unusual move.

Garde at least is a promising young manager willing to give youth players a chance to step up and who did really well at Lyon before leaving and he has had experience of the Premiership as a player. Wenger has also said he was instrumental in helping players settle whilst he was at Arsenal and considering Villa brought a lot of French based players over during the summer. If they plan to go down the Newcastle route of buying players cheaply from Ligue 1and selling on, whilst developing players from the academy then on paper he ticks a lot of the right boxes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here