Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex County Nomads v Worthing Utd Select - Charity game

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hi all,

I would like to hopefully get some backing for this if anyone is interested in popping down to Lyons Way for a charity match in remembrance of the Shoreham air crash.

This is in memory of all those that perished, but in particular for the loss in the non league footballing circles of Matt and Jacob.

I know I have been asked where the money is going, but I am merely setting it up, I am leaving the proceeds and charity stuff with Worthing Utd FC.

A quote from the Worthing Utd Vice Chairman is in the local papers and can be seen here: http://www.worthingherald.co.uk/spo...e-place-in-memory-of-matt-and-jacob-1-7032020

A huge thanks in advance to all those that can make it.

Updates can be found at: http://nomad-forum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15161&p=145174#p145174

Cheers.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
This may be important!

Sussex County Nomads v Worthing Utd Select
Kick off: 3.30pm
Venue: Lyons Way, Worthing.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Confirmed Raffle prizes (of interest here)

Match day ball v MKDons from the day before, signed (hope no-one scores a hat-trick!)
Signed BHAFC shirt.

Others include;
Fire HD 8, 8" HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB (Black)
FIFA 16

And more...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
To all you insomniacs, yours truly will be on BBC Radio Sussex at 7.10am Saturday morning, talking about this game.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I do understand that the people here are more interested in league football rather than non league football, but I would love to have this supported, Just one or two people saying it interests them? I shall report on here on the outcome. But with so many posting members, I'm a little underwhelmed. Sorry, not trying to make a big deal.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Just to put it out once again and finally.

Sussex County Nomads v Worthing Utd Select
Sunday November 8
3.30pm Kick off
Lyons Way, Worthing.

Raffle, including prizes: Fire HD8, Galaxy Tab4, FIFA16, Match day ball from Brighton the day before, signed Brighton shirt, £200 free carpet clean, Executive tickets at Crawley Town FC, and plenty more.
All we ask is your support, a fund set up by Worthing Utd FC in the memory of Matt and Jacob, killed at the Shoreham Air Crash. Please come along, if only for a little while. Gates open at 2pm, game at 3.30pm. Be lovely to see you.
Bar open, food available, admission by donation.

Thanks.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Final shout, on my way down to Worthing, please, if you can make it, be great to see you.

Cheers
Geoff

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Great day had by all, money raised, non league legends on show, despite the expanding waists, WUFC spanked us, but hey. Thanks to anyone that made it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here