Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you PIMP your baked spud?

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Traditionally, baked spuds are really boring things to eat. However, with a little pimping they can become very special indeed.

I like soured cream, sea salt, loads of cracked pepper and Heinz Classic BBQ sauce on mine.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Rub garlic all over the skin before baking, tons of BUTTER (no low fat olive oil spread or other namby pamby healthy crap), and liberal use of a chilli grinder.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
What the hell is pimp?

Nothing wrong with a good old fashioned jacket potatoes with a proper skin and butter. I personally love it with bake beans( add a few drops of an extra hot chili sauce)

Just recently i've moved onto baked sweet potatoes. I never use to like them but love them now.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Loads of butter and salt.

And if I'm having beans I will ALWAYS dump loads of Worcester and Tabasco on top.

You're right though they can be really dull.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
What the hell is pimp?

Nothing wrong with a good old fashioned jacket potatoes with a proper skin and butter. I personally love it with bake beans( add a few drops of an extra hot chili sauce)

Just recently i've moved onto baked sweet potatoes. I never use to like them but love them now.

From the Urban Dictionary:

TOP DEFINITION
'Pimping'
More commonly used nowadays as making something cool or better.
"Yeah, I was totally pimping up my profile today!"

Sweet potatoes are sickly sweet and horrible.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Sweet potatoes need something really salty, vinegary or spicy to cut though the plain sickliness. Then they're delicious.

Baked beans, cheese and Branston (Lidl ob variety).

Not done it for a while but for the ultimate in sophistication scoop out middle, mix with pesto sauce, parmesan grated on top and under grill to melt it. It's what they would do in Italy probably if baked potatoes featured in their diet.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Bake, halve, scoop out. Mix in crispy Bacon lardons, chopped spring onion, cheese butter and black pepper. Restuff halves, sprinkle with extra cheese and pop back in oven.
Apologise to family for impending early death.
Eat.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
while its cooking I cook up some bacon lardons, then pop them in with the beans on the hob, cook that up with some paprika and a few dollops of BBQ Bonnet sauce, chuck over the top of the potatoe and then cover in cheese - lovely stuff

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Beans, an easily melty cheese and possible some worcestershire sauce. Don't eat them any other way, so they're a fairly rare occurrence.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I microwave to soften the potato then cook in the oven until crisp then I tend to use two variations for toppings
Old fashioned "bacon beano" (pan fried onions and bacon lardons with baked beans) or seared chorizo and mushrooms finished in seasoned double cream. Both delish!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Brush with olive oil and SEA salt. Pierce with a fork, five minutes in microwwave then bake.

The oil and salt combine to make the skin extra crispy.

Fill with chilli con carne, cheese, beans or coleslaw.

Sleep in a separate room from the wife, or get tent pegs for the duvet.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here