Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dr Who...............A warning?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Was it set in Sheffield on a Tuesday night in November?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Any chance of a change of Doctor as well as assistant? If so, bring it on.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dr who has being doing the politics thing for YEARS.

Take the 1972 episodes the curse of peladon, that was thinly disguised as the UK entry to the common market as is the monster of peladon about the miners strike circa 74.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Any chance of a change of Doctor as well as assistant? If so, bring it on.

If this was last years I'd have disagreed but I don't like what Capaldi is doing this year.

I loved his take on it last year when he was a bit menacing and quite disdainful of the people he was surrounded by. But now? Doctor ****ing Disco, playing guitar and sonic sunglasses.

Its all gone a bit barmy for me and yes, I realise the irony in being unable to suspend my disbelief whilst watching a show centred around a time-travelling alien with two hears.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It's a well known fact the Guardian reading lefty pinkos at the BBC based some of the Dr WHO baddies on Tory politicians ...

Mrs T

ad139985102davros-credit-ad1.jpg

... John Major

7127853559_b195b05721_m.jpg

and poor old Eric Pickles

sontaran.jpg

... impartial my arse.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It was incredibly politicised. Immigration, Islamophobia and ISIS - it had it all.

“This is a splinter group! The rest of them – the vast majority – want to live in peace. You start bombing them, you'll radicalise the lot!"

Wonderful stuff.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That's fighting talk. Clara is gorgeous.

Sorry, you may need to sit down as there is a quite well known ( well I heard it ) spoiler, Clara is being written out sometime this series, It might well be that Maisie Williams gets the gig as, who better for an immortal time travellers assistant than another immortal ?

SAC

May 21, 2014
Sorry, you may need to sit down as there is a quite well known ( well I heard it ) spoiler, Clara is being written out sometime this series, It might well be that Maisie Williams gets the gig as, who better for an immortal time travellers assistant than another immortal ?

I'm devastated. Just looked up Maisie Williams and she is younger than my kids so a bit too young to be perving over. Although Peter Capaldi is a bit older than me so if it is ok for the Doctor...

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

I think she's probably busy with her other series...

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I believe there's a lot of support for/rumours about Osgood to becoming the new companion.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think she's probably busy with her other series...

A series, however, that jettisons characters with alarming regularity.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I believe there's a lot of support for/rumours about Osgood to becoming the new companion.

That would not be a bad choice, lets see if she makes it to the end of next weeks episode, which was pretty silly in fact.

Zygons turning Zygons and humans in to small piles of electrified pubic hairs isn't very terrifying to me. Additionally, a highly trained Unit troops just walking in to a church full of Zygons to die with an attitude of " oh, Ok then " doesn't wash ditto Clara's Zygon having had training in shoulder launched SAM's... oh and don't forget, the plane the Doctor was on was flying about 25,000 ft too low.. and another thing...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
That would not be a bad choice, lets see if she makes it to the end of next weeks episode, which was pretty silly in fact.

Zygons turning Zygons and humans in to small piles of electrified pubic hairs isn't very terrifying to me. Additionally, a highly trained Unit troops just walking in to a church full of Zygons to die with an attitude of " oh, Ok then " doesn't wash ditto Clara's Zygon having had training in shoulder launched SAM's... oh and don't forget, the plane the Doctor was on was flying about 25,000 ft too low.. and another thing...

Science FICTION old boy :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here