Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All Black gives his medal away. A heart warming tale.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Heard this on radio 2. Really nice touch but my first thought was ebay. I can see this being sold off.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Why? I suspect he will regret it later in life but hey, its his life.

He'll never regret it.

Like many, I suspect, I'd never heard of him before he did this. He will always be remembered for an incredibly selfless gesture. And rightly so.

He can treasure the memories of the final, and the fact that he will be loved and respected wherever he goes. He doesn't need a piece of metal to do this.

And ROTR, seriously, who are you to tell people which 'things' they should treasure?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Because if i was a fan of that team i would expect them to give blood,sweat and tears to get that medal and not hand it over to a random 15yo lout invading the playing area.

I think i understand. I would only add that its a national team and the All Blacks are adored in NZ, they all give blood, sweat and tears for themselves, the team matss, the shirt and the nation. It will be seen in NZ as a selfless act i suspect

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Because if i was a fan of that team i would expect them to give blood,sweat and tears to get that medal and not hand it over to a random 15yo lout invading the playing area.

He gave blood sweat and tears to win the World Cup tournament. For him, his team and his country. What he does with the medal is his business.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He gave blood sweat and tears to win the World Cup tournament. For him, his team and his country. What he does with the medal is his business.

Quite.

He won the World Cup. His name will always be in the record books. Nothing will ever change this. Maybe that was enough for him?

In an interview he said the young lad was bundled over to the ground by security and he wanted to do something to make his day a bit better.

He'll never regret it.

Like many, I suspect, I'd never heard of him before he did this. He will always be remembered for an incredibly selfless gesture. And rightly so.

He can treasure the memories of the final, and the fact that he will be loved and respected wherever he goes. He doesn't need a piece of metal to do this.

And ROTR, seriously, who are you to tell people which 'things' they should treasure?

I am the conscience of north stand chat,sometimes from the moral high ground you get to see things clearly. And tbf i didn't tell him what he should treasure! If i gave him a nugget of wisdom he would probably toss it away to the first passerby.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I am the conscience of north stand chat,sometimes from the moral high ground you get to see things clearly. And tbf i didn't tell him what he should treasure! If i gave him a nugget of wisdom he would probably toss it away to the first passerby.

A nugget of wisdom from you? You've exceeded yourself with this drivel.

I used to thing you were deluded or dim; I now realise you're both.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Loved his comment on what the steward might have got for his actions as well if it had been his kid brother or someone. Sonny Bill Williams is a really good boxer as well and as hard as nails. Seen him scrap on YouTube.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

If you're our conscience then this board should be shut down immediately.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here