Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Martin Odegaard

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
According to The Observer today 'Real Madrid's 16 year old Norwegian Martin Odegaard could be set for a five month loan move to the Championship.' Never heard of him, any ideas?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Someone mentioned this on a thread the other day.

There was a lot of fanfare when Madrid signed him. I've never seen him play but know he made his debut for the Norwegian international side when he was 15.

I expect he'll end up at Boro or Derby if he comes to the Championship.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Someone mentioned this on a thread the other day.

There was a lot of fanfare when Madrid signed him. I've never seen him play but know he made his debut for the Norwegian international side when he was 15.

I expect he'll end up at Boro or Derby if he comes to the Championship.

What can they offer him that we can't?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Game changing player, but it would probably take time for him to adjust to the physicality of this division. He'd also probably want guranteed starts which is something that I'm not sure we could offer him.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I would sooner try for Patrick Bamford if he becomes available.

Someone appears to have hacked BG's account and posted an idea that I agree with. Bamford is a class player.

He's on loan at Palace for the season so there isn't much chance of him becoming available.

Chelsea are unhappy with the amount of game time he's been getting, has been mooted that there's a high chance of him being recalled and sent elsewhere:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/14/football-transfer-rumours

Could be going back to Boro when the window blows open

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sp...r_Chelsea_striker_Patrick_Bamford_in_January/

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
According to The Observer today 'Real Madrid's 16 year old Norwegian Martin Odegaard could be set for a five month loan move to the Championship.' Never heard of him, any ideas?

This guy is 16 years of age, SIXTEEN!, why would we want him for five months? There is next to no chance of us playing someone that age regularly in the Championship I would think that would apply to most other top Championship sides too.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's all about us getting Calleri and a loan leftback as soon after Jan 1st as possible.

Forget the other teams.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
There was alot of hype around him, every top club was trying to sign him, he went around all the clubs and trained with them but decided on Real Madrid.

He then he got put in in the Madrid B or youth team, which I believe he wasnt happy with. After all that hype he hasnt performed all that well apparently, I also believe because of the high wages has distanced himself from the other kids in the youth team.

I signed him on Fifa too, expecting him to become some 90rated star but ended up selling him, so on that note he probably wont become a superstar in real life :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Left back is priority, past that I'm not 100% we need much. We need someone steady, solid and consistent at LB.

Would Stephen Ward fancy a few months back down on the south coast?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here