Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

14 games unbeaten

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
and I'm feeling a bit 'meh'.

Blimey we have been spoilt this season.

Where are we now when comparing and contrasting to last season?

I feel like I need a bit of a reminder about the dark days of 12 months ago, to fully appreciate the mighty achievement today.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We need to STUFF somebody to get me really excited, I need to believe that this team can dominate other teams, not hang on all the time.

Bloody demanding I am.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Fair enough but any team could triumph it's way through a Championship season without losing a game (46 draws ) but could still be relegated with only 46 points.

So not losing games without winning a fair number is pointless ( well not exactly) but sure you see my 'point' !

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I
and I'm feeling a bit 'meh'.

Blimey we have been spoilt this season.

Where are we now when comparing and contrasting to last season?

I feel like I need a bit of a reminder about the dark days of 12 months ago, to fully appreciate the mighty achievement today.
After 14 games (on 25th Oct), we were 21st with a a total of 13 points (F13; A16).

A huge difference to this year, but yeh, I would like it if we could stuff someone as well to really give the team and fans some confidence. We've certainly got the ability to score against anyone, but putting a game to bed after taking the lead seems to be a bit of a mental block right now - a bit like the unfortunate habit we had of conceding within 5 mins of scoring last season. Hopefully it'll all click in the next couple of weeks.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Glass half full or looking for reason to find a glass half empty?

We've got through October without losing and have won THREE games. Three games is more than we've won in October since we moved into the Amex.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7133373 said:
Sorry about that! I think failing to win against Wolves, Bolton, Cardiff and Preston in particular is really going to cost us. We should have won all of those games if we're serious automatic promotion contenders.

You're right of course which is depressing.
My thinking "we'd have lost those games last season" only means we at least won't be relegation candidates this time round.
Unless we can start pulling out a run of wins we surely can't stay near the top (I've already revised my optimism to the certainty that we won't be top come Wednesday morning) :(

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's odd, isn't it. We're struggling to put away teams like Bolton and Preston, and on other occasions we're nervily hanging on to a one goal lead through an anxious final few minutes. After all that it comes as a bit of a surprise look at the table and see we're two points clear at the top.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7133353 said:
The thing is that by Tuesday evening we could be in 5th position with only 2 wins in 8 games...
To pep that up a little.

15 games ago every single poster on NSC would have taken that in a heartbeat.
I'd imagine a fair few would take 5th place in 15 games time, as well.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Sorry about that! I think failing to win against Wolves, Bolton, Cardiff and Preston in particular is really going to cost us. We should have won all of those games if we're serious automatic promotion contenders.
We are top,, 2 points clear.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
sort yourselves out.

Tomorrow it's November, and we have been trailing for (by my calculations)

69 minutes

All season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

If you can't be pleased with 8 wins and 6 draws by the end of October, then you'll never be happy with the Albion. We had enough misery last year, so go and have a pint.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Amazing isn't it, we're top, unbeaten, but all a little disappointed that we're not further clear because we've drawn a few games we perhaps should have won. What a transformation of expectations, massive credit to all the staff and players for this state of affairs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here