Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading (away) - Player ratings

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Tight first half that reminded of Garcia era, at times a crazy second half. We looked very organised in a kind of 4-1-4-1 but they looked more likely to score a second.

Stockdale - 7 Should have done better with the goal, obviously, but credit for keeping us in it up until then

Bruno - 7 Some good interceptions, and had presence
Rosenior 6 Blatantly can't cross with his left which is a problem when you're a left back
Dunk 8 Looked like a Prem player in the making
Uwe 7 Solid. Standard.

Crofts 7 Played just in front of back four. Kept his discipline and gave everything.

Kayal 7 Not his most influential game but his urgency going forward and zippy passing is a pleasure to watch
Stephens 6 A few good interceptions and passes but generally quiet.
Murphy 7 Great run for the goal, not much of an attacking threat other than that
Baldock 6 Played on the wing where he's never looked great. Bullied by McShane and the defence

Hemed 6 Strangely meek for a big forward who seems to have passion. Also isolated in this formation. Contributed to the goal

Subs
Bobby, Ince and Inigo - Didn't get the chance to do much

Hughton - 8 - We set up for a point and got it. That won't be enough to keep us at the top but he's getting the best out of what we have. His judgment is usually spot on

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Stockdale - 7 - would have been higher if not for the goal, he's had a brilliant season so far though.

Bruno - 7
Dunk - 8
Uwe - 7
Rosenior - 6

Crofts - 8
Stephens - 7
Kayal - 7

Baldock - 7
Hemed - 7
Murphy - 8.5

Calderon, Zamora and Ince - no rating as didn't do a great deal when they came on

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Stockdale - 6 costly error after a great first 75 minutes
Bruno - 6 not at his best today
Rosenior - 8 I thought defensively he was excellent today and put in one great cross that just eluded Hemed in the first half.
Dunk - 8 Motm - great display
Huneymeier - 7.5 rock solid
Crofts - 7 grew into the game
Stephens - 6 - slightly below his usual high standards
Kayal - 7 fought hard but didn't see enough of the ball
Baldock - 5.5 Disappointing today
Murphy - 6 on the scoresheet but another one below par
Hemed - 6 anonymous first half but looked dangerous 2nd half until he was subbed.

Zamora - 5 no chance to shine
Calderon - 7 played well during the time he was on.
Ince - not enough time

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Looked to me like Bruno has a hammy problem as he was pointing it out to the bench when he was subbed. Major problems to lose him and bong but I hope I'm wrong.
Great to have a working organised midfield again.
Great point against a very lively and good team.
Good handball shout second half?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Tight first half that reminded of Garcia era, at times a crazy second half. We looked very organised in a kind of 4-1-4-1 but they looked more likely to score a second.

Stockdale - 7 Should have done better with the goal, obviously, but credit for keeping us in it up until then

Bruno - 7 Some good interceptions, and had presence
Rosenior 6 Blatantly can't cross with his left which is a problem when you're a left back
Dunk 8 Looked like a Prem player in the making
Uwe 7 Solid. Standard.

Crofts 7 Played just in front of back four. Kept his discipline and gave everything.

Kayal 7 Not his most influential game but his urgency going forward and zippy passing is a pleasure to watch
Stephens 6 A few good interceptions and passes but generally quiet.
Murphy 7 Great run for the goal, not much of an attacking threat other than that
Baldock 6 Played on the wing where he's never looked great. Bullied by McShane and the defence

Hemed 6 Strangely meek for a big forward who seems to have passion. Also isolated in this formation. Contributed to the goal

Subs
Bobby, Ince and Inigo - Didn't get the chance to do much

Hughton - 8 - We set up for a point and got it. That won't be enough to keep us at the top but he's getting the best out of what we have. His judgment is usually spot on

So you would go into the market then

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
So you would go into the market then

well yeah - we obviously need to score more goals. If we can keep in contention til Jan we'll have done very well. We'd then need a top class striker

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Rosenior - 8 I thought defensively he was excellent today and put in one great cross that just eluded Hemed in the first half.
Hemed - 6 anonymous first half but looked dangerous 2nd half until he was subbed.

Ince - not enough time
Just how I saw it.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Stockdale 7 - some great saves, sadly spilled the ball for the goal
Bruno 6 - not as assured as normal, but some important stops
Dunk 6.5 - not getting the 'love-in', brilliance mixed with some very sloppy play.
Hunemeier 7 - steady and some fantastic defending
Rosenoir 6.5 great job
Stephens 6 - gave ball away for goal, otherwise ok
Crofts 7.5 - broke up play and led by example
Kayal 6.5 - like Dunk some good, some bad
Murphy 6 - scored the goal, but only provided limited cover and lost possession too much.
Baldock 6 - largely deployed on wing, rarely threatened but did a job
Hemed 6 - best game for a while

Calderon 6
Zamora 5 - 2 fouls did little else
Ince - n/a

Hughton another great game tactically

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Even first half Reading attacked with purpose we defended with purpose we lacked any width

Second half was more of the same but we push Murphy wide our goal was really good team as awhile broke fast good movement great spot by Hemed and calmly put away by Murphy

Stockdale - 8 Kept us in the game with some fine keeping one small mistake and that man Vidra scores against us again!

Bruno - 7 Under a lot of pressure today often having to deal with two or three attacking players at any one time,couple of misplaced passes
Rosenior 6 No left foot which is a problem for a left back but grew into the role as the game went on
Dunk 8 One of the most complete games I have seen him play
Uwe 8 I am really starting to like him reads the game calm on the ball brave goes in where it hurts

Crofts 7 Solid hard working gave his all midfield looked unbeatable today

Kayal 8 Makes the team tick always has an eye for the pass that will open teams
Stephens 8 The other half of the duo developing a great understanding keep these two fit is the key to success
Murphy 7 Cleaver player settled in well in the short time he has been here much better second half once pushed wide
Baldock 7. Worked hard team player should have got on end of one cross that flashed across the face of goal a foot or two in front of him

Hemed 8 After a couple of quite games since the international break played well today made the goal

Subs: In hindsight it was a mistake to bring on Calderon or Zamera when we did as they had no time to get up to speed at a moment we were under a lot of pressure and we conceded almost immediately. No sure Ince touch the ball

Hughton - 8 - went for a point should have had three but at the end of the day a point was about right

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stockdale - 7 - great game apart from one error
Bruno - 6.5 - bit down on recent form
Dunk - 6 - ok, some sloppiness
BFG - 8 - my MOM. Hard as nails.
Rosenior - 6.5
Stephens - 6 - bit below par
Kayal - 7 - great to have him back
Crofts - 7 - solid
Murphy - 6 - good goal but otherwise unimpressive
Hemed - 7.5 - much better game than his last couple
Baldock - 6 - a bit quiet

Zamora - 5 - did little, limping a bit towards the end ?
Ince - 5 - nothing of note (did he touch the ball ?)
Calde - 6.5 - looked lively

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Stockdale 7 He looked a bit ill in the warm up?
Bruno 8 He's got a lovely first touch, looked like he was limping a bit when he went off.
Rosenior 7 Assured. Reverted back to being a left back like a duck to water.
Dunk 7 Looked pretty good to me.
Hunemeier 7 Had to be carefull marshalling the unbalanced Blackman.
Crofts 7 Played well all things considered, not yet down to his fighting weight, but a reassuring presence.
Kayal 8 Energy and a bit of devil, back to his normal self after a few quieter games following his matches for Israel.
Stephens 7 Good to see him back, didn't seem 100%, but hope he's alright for Wednesday on Tuesday.
Murphy 6 Pretty quiet for large swathes of the match, but scored a nice goal. I'd like to see him run with the ball more.
Hemed 7 As with Kayal he's been a bit off the boil since the internationals, much more like it today. Will be scoring again soon.
Baldock 6 A talented footballer who I'd like to see impose himself more on games. Could be our Forestieri but is perhaps a bit too honest.

Happy with the point, Reading looked good on the break.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Ince - not enough time

As with @Slluages (sp?), this is pretty much how I saw it too, although:
Stockdale 7 -- would have been 8.5, but 1.5 points taken off for that parry
Dunk -- agree with score and MotM. He's a brilliant defender, and would have got a 9, but he made a series of sliced clearances, one of which nearly went in our net, so it's got to be an 8
Crofts 6 -- solid, dependable, but nothing more
Agree that Hemed was looking good 2nd half, was surprised he was taken off as a consequence

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Stockdale 7 He looked a bit ill in the warm up?
Bruno 8 He's got a lovely first touch, looked like he was limping a bit when he went off.
Rosenior 7 Assured. Reverted back to being a left back like a duck to water.
Dunk 7 Looked pretty good to me.
Hunemeier 7 Had to be carefull marshalling the unbalanced Blackman.
Crofts 7 Played well all things considered, not yet down to his fighting weight, but a reassuring presence.
Kayal 8 Energy and a bit of devil, back to his normal self after a few quieter games following his matches for Israel.
Stephens 7 Good to see him back, didn't seem 100%, but hope he's alright for Wednesday on Tuesday.
Murphy 6 Pretty quiet for large swathes of the match, but scored a nice goal. I'd like to see him run with the ball more.
Hemed 7 As with Kayal he's been a bit off the boil since the internationals, much more like it today. Will be scoring again soon.
Baldock 6 A talented footballer who I'd like to see impose himself more on games. Could be our Forestieri but is perhaps a bit too honest.

Happy with the point, Reading looked good on the break.

I only came out after the Liverpool game finished (at about 2.30) but didn't see Stockdale (or Ince) in the warm-up.
Why is Blackman unbalanced?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I only came out after the Liverpool game finished (at about 2.30) but didn't see Stockdale (or Ince) in the warm-up.
Why is Blackman unbalanced?
He seemed to fall over a lot, especially in and around our penalty area.

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here