Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When one loses the urge.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
I'm 55 and have been married for 24 years. I much prefer watching football, darts, cricket or demolishing a good curry to having physical relations with the wife. I read somewhere that men over a certain age can lose interest in sex but thought it is women who are happy to switch off the bed room light and fall asleep. I have taken the wife to watch the Albion but she's just not that interested. Whenever I watch the darts on TV she leaves the room. Should I be worried or just be happy that at least I've still got my interest in sport?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Guessing she's not a lot younger than you since the 24 years of marriage.

Do what makes you happy I guess but probably try and talk to her about it all not random guys online (though this might be your warm-up).

Oh and :needpics: obviously ;-)

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I'd be more concerned about general physical well-being - if that's not in order, nothing else will work. *Watching* sport isn't a substitute, you need to keep active. I'm 58 and if I sit around, my joints seize up. Just watching TV will make your brain seize up too.

And yes, "that" interest inevitably declines a bit, which probably leads for a more balanced life! Just ride the roller coaster and enjoy the ups and downs!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If you don't use it you will lose it

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
This is the time when the Urge turns to being stimulated by those still able to procreate - that's what happens in nature and I can't see any sign that we are not animals.

Does the Urge become the Surge at the sight of - say - certain pop videos?:smile:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Similar age, but found I haven't lost the urge. Just forgotten what to do about it when I get it :shrug:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Marriage and support for your team are both meant to be lifelong commitments only changing the first is acceptable.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Same age, still 'urging', just not as often. Just go with the flow unless your missus still wants to. Would be best to have a natter to her about it

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Women like to ****. If she's not ****ing you, she'll be ****ing someone else.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
As per my PM, be careful, life isn't always sparkly but I can assure you that you don't want to go through the alternative.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You would be surprised how wrong you are especially over 50 s

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

This is VERY true.

Maybe take up heavy weight lifting and have a think, or take advice, about your nutrition. Stuff like that can really get the testosterone levels up naturally, which will give you the urge, not to mention the strength, to pick your missis up and chuck her around the bedroom a bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here