Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bucharest nightclub fire

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Those poor people, must have been terrifying.

Nearly every time that you read about a fire in a night club, there seems to be an issue with doors being locked. It does make you wonder just how many potential fire traps there are out there

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Caused by people letting off fireworks inside the club apparently

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Caused by people letting off fireworks inside the club apparently

I read it was pyrotechnics used by a live band.

Live music is very close to my heart and it's awful, really awful, to read about this. It's inevitable the death toll will rise as well. RIP

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I read it was pyrotechnics used by a live band.

My condolences are with those involved and their families. At this stage, some might think what I'm writing is inappropriate, but I think it's valid. Something similar to this case happened in the United States a while ago. I can't remember if it was Chicago or Rhode Island, but a band let off pyrotechnics, causing a fire and multiple loss of life. The only benefit that could come from cases like these is perhaps some kind of European Fire Safety Academy to learn the lessons from these incidents and prevent them in future.

What brings this home to me is that one of the properties I help to manage at work is next door to a bar in W1. Their drainage system was causing damp in our property so my boss and I went to see the bar owners. The bar has those intimate booths in its basement and dark decor. I couldn't see any obvious signs to the fire exits. Having fire safety as part of my role, it left me feeling I wouldn't want to drink in that place. On a recent visit, the situation seemed far better, so obviously somebody had taken action.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
My condolences are with those involved and their families. At this stage, some might think what I'm writing is inappropriate, but I think it's valid. Something similar to this case happened in the United States a while ago. I can't remember if it was Chicago or Rhode Island, but a band let off pyrotechnics, causing a fire and multiple loss of life.

I think you are referring to the Great White gig in Rhode Island. 100 people lost their lives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here