Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old King Cole

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Ok so he may never have existed and if he did he probably died about 1900 years ago but could he still do a job at left back for the Albion?

Although he hasn't kicked a ball in anger in over 190 decades his credentials as a merry old soul are undisputed as are his leadership and communication skills.

Surely anyone who can not only call for his pipe and his bowl but also his fiddlers three should be considered a better option than Chicksen, Calde or indeed losing our shape by playing a Premier League left back at left back.

You don't lose the ability to have fathered Saint Helena overnight (or even in the best part of two thousand years) and let's not forget that he may well have battled at a much higher level than the Championship when he (possibly) controlled large areas of the country either before, during or after the Roman occupation.

Coupled with the fact that he never shagged a hairdresser while being married to Cheryl Coel I think we should give him a go. As long as wages aren't an issue obviously.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Kings wages are notoriously high. He won't get out of bed for less than 10 000 groats a week.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Having not earned a wage for the last two millennia I reckon his demands may well be lower now.

And with him siring many of the future leaders of northern Europe and also being either dead or made up I think he could be persuaded to take a pay cut to wear the stripes.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Depends who you believe but many think he may have been Welsh (although Wales didn't actually exist then obviously).

So probably played for them around the last time they qualified for a major competition before this year.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i think cole would be a sound option as long as we could get the other lad kanute in as back up , both been out of the game for what seems like an age so neither would demand ridiculous money , imho only , obviously........match fitness surely an issue ???

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
That's true but class is permanent etc and they said the same thing about Zamora.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ok so he may never have existed and if he did he probably died about 1900 years ago but could he still do a job at left back for the Albion?

Although he hasn't kicked a ball in anger in over 190 decades his credentials as a merry old soul are undisputed as are his leadership and communication skills.

Surely anyone who can not only call for his pipe and his bowl but also his fiddlers three should be considered a better option than Chicksen, Calde or indeed losing our shape by playing a Premier League left back at left back.

You don't lose the ability to have fathered Saint Helena overnight (or even in the best part of two thousand years) and let's not forget that he may well have battled at a much higher level than the Championship when he (possibly) controlled large areas of the country either before, during or after the Roman occupation.

Coupled with the fact that he never shagged a hairdresser while being married to Cheryl Coel I think we should give him a go. As long as wages aren't an issue obviously.

But I think with his history of leading gullible young pageboys out in the dark to some dodgy peasant's hut, we should exercise a great deal of caution before committing ourselves..........

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
But I think with his history of leading gullible young pageboys out in the dark to some dodgy peasant's hut, we should exercise a great deal of caution before committing ourselves..........
I thought that rumor was about Ashley Cole rather than Old King?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I thought that rumor was about Ashley Cole rather than Old King?

"Mark my footsteps, my good page
Tread thou in them boldly
Thou shalt find the winter's rage
Freeze thy blood less coldly.

In his master's steps he trod
Where the snow lay dinted
Heat was in the very sod
Which the Saint had printed"

No, definitely applies to a 10th. century King of Bavaria, I think. The use of the word 'sod' may be significant........

Thought Ashley's predilection was more hairdressers anyway.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You're confusing OKC with Wenceslas who was completely right footed and more of a midfielder in his prime.

Could still be useful as cover for Stephens although I'm not sure he's a box to box player.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You're confusing OKC with Wenceslas who was completely right footed and more of a midfielder in his prime.

Oh bugger, so I was. Some good bottled beer available here tonight! Old King Cole still called for his page though, didn't he? Randy old sod!

.....called for his pipe, called for his page, and called for his packet of three, wasn't it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here