Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Business Awards

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Interesting how often Villa appear given that they are being cited throughout the football community as having serious problems in behind the scenes management adversely effecting on pitch performance. Reminiscent of us in the last couple of years

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Aren't these the awards where Paul Barber is one of the judges?

I can't imagine how we're up for so many awards

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I like this one:

American Express Community Stadium
Emirates Stadium
Manchester United, Old Trafford
Stamford Bridge
Wembley Stadium - Ball Street and Vauxhall present Ian Wrights #OneMoreGame
White Hart Lane, home of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club

Is it just assumed that people just know we play at the AMEX like Arsenal and Chelsea with The Emirated and Stamford Bridge, however, for places where little teams play they have to spell it out?

edit: As an aside I do find it very bizaree that they refer to it as Premiership repeatedly when it hasn't been called that for some time. I assume that these awards are therefore not recognised by the Premier League?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Didn't we just have these? Or is there more than one set? It's like having the Brits twice.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I with them on 'fan engagement'. The club have been first class of late.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Aren't these the awards where Paul Barber is one of the judges?

I can't imagine how we're up for so many awards

Who sets up this event, and who votes for the nominees and the actual awards themselves? Having once had a girlfriend who worked in "events" I'm very cynical about these types of awards and what they actually mean. It was her business to concoct things like this; most were a sham and nothing more than high profile self-serving back patting soirees for a small circle of people which made big bucks for her. Not saying this is one of them, but her work has made me cynical.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Who sets up this event, and who votes for the nominees and the actual awards themselves? Having once had a girlfriend who worked in "events" I'm very cynical about these types of awards and what they actually mean. It was her business to concoct things like this; most were a sham and nothing more than high profile self-serving back patting soirees for a small circle of people which made big bucks for her. Not saying this is one of them, but her work has made me cynical.

I know what you mean - there are plenty of 'awards' like that.

I'm the chairman of the judges for industry awards that definitely aren't - they're designed to select the best. Unfortunately, such is the cynicism in the industry, we're constantly having to defend ourselves against accusations of bias/corruption/favouritism. I hope the Football Business Awards aren't like that but it wouldn't shock me if they were

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I know what you mean - there are plenty of 'awards' like that.

I'm the chairman of the judges for industry awards that definitely aren't - they're designed to select the best. Unfortunately, such is the cynicism in the industry, we're constantly having to defend ourselves against accusations of bias/corruption/favouritism. I hope the Football Business Awards aren't like that but it wouldn't shock me if they were

I have no doubt there are many legit awards. Her company was in business purely to create events, conferences and award ceremonies like this though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here