Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

X factor/Rugby world cup final

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
David Campese was on Talksport this morning saying that the reason why the Rugby WC final is taking place at 4pm tomorrow instead of the evening is due to ITV prioritising the X-factor in the early evening slot.

F**k me. Depressing if true:mad:

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Bet the Aussies and New Zealanders will take comfort from that when they're setting their alarms for 2am!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Neither interest me.

I'll swerve all TV on Saturday, in fact, except Dr Who.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
David Campese was on Talksport this morning saying that the reason why the Rugby WC final is taking place at 4pm tomorrow instead of the evening is due to ITV prioritising the X-factor in the early evening slot.

More people in the UK will watch X factor than the RWCF!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

:lolol:

Surely NOBODY watches The X Factor anymore? I work with many young women - they all used to watch it and then discuss it ad nauseum...but this seems to have died off these last two years.

And yet it takes priority over the Rugby World Cup Final. I SO hope that this is true!

ITV is the gift that keeps on giving. Surely no sport's governing body will allow them to have exclusive broadcasting rights for anything ever again?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It makes sense when you factor in that the highest viewing figures in the country so far this year were for watching some muppets baking cakes. :shootself

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can't think of a single thing worth watching on ITV. They could take it away completely and I don't think I'd notice.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
That's true. I made the mistake of putting ITV news on a couple of months ago and had to switch it off after five minutes as it was like reading a tabloid. Awful channel.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Never mind the X Factor, what about the fact that many families with small kids will be looking to do trick or treating c. 5-6pm before bedtime?

Many thousands of disgruntled mums traipsing off into the drizzle cursing dad under their breath for not spending quality time with the family.

If this had kicked off at 1pm Hallowe'een is clear in both Hemispheres, the Antipodeans get to watch it at a quasi-reasonable hour and everybody gets to see X Factor / Strictly.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
I would rather butterfly my 'old boy' with a rusty razorblade, than watch X-factor anytime it is on.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I can't think of a single thing worth watching on ITV. They could take it away completely and I don't think I'd notice.

Jeckyll and Hyde last Sunday was Superb

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
About 9 000 000 people still watch X Factor. I don't anymore as it is a busted flush but live and let live. It is all about the ratings. How many would have watched the Rugby in the evening 5 000 000 tops ?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Not sure the conspiracy theory is correct:

"World Cup organisers have explained this year's scheduling had to factor in the transport pressures in and around Twickenham in the event of extra time and the trophy presentation.

England Rugby 2015 also say the kick-off times were discussed and agreed two years ago after consultations with World Rugby, police, transport services and broadcasters."

And had England been in final, more would have watched that than X Factor.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I gave up on X Factor a couple of years ago, same old dross every year, winners last about 9 months before they're in the Carphone Warehouse, apart from 1D who Simon Cowell exclaimed at the time 'will be the biggest ever boy band', or words to that affect - they had a good run that's for sure, but not because they had raw talent like the Beatles, but because some marketing juggernaut went into overdrive for them. Those girls will buy any turgid tripe if there's a few 'pretty boys' involved.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
What's the X Factor?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I doub't that that was the main reason behind it. But even if it was .... does it actually matter?

People who want to watch it will watch it no matter what time it is on, and the people that don't want to won't care

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here