Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bi/Tri-Fold Patio doors

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
We're looking to get some fitted in an 8ft wide space. Aluminium.

Anybody out there who can give me a ball-park figure? Seems to be huge separation between some of the companies/quotes and I'm becoming very confused.

Thank you very much.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset

Anybody out there who can give me a ball-park figure? Seems to be huge separation between some of the companies/quotes and I'm becoming very confused.

Thank you very much.
When we did our work, we worked on a grand a metre.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

Thank you very much.

8ft gap ? surely two 4ft doors as good and very much cheaper.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Don't do it as the gape you have is right at the lower width limit you will find unless they are set up spot on they will give problems stick to standard hinged doors

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
There is a difference in products, but it may be more about the companies that are quoting you Some see aluminium as a way to make more money than on PVC, while others will sell on price and therefore be cheaper.
I work for a supplier of windows and doors, and our Brighton branch will have a list of reputable installers. If you want me to get a decent quote for you PM me and we'll go from there.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Aluminium are the better option, although they can be slightly dearer.
People will tell you Upvc are better, but Upvc expands in warmer weather,and the glazing packers can slip, causing the doors to move out of square.
Aluminium is also a smaller profile than upvc and once the glass is packer correctly, they will stay correct.
Three doors, although three slightly narrow doors are better because you will have a "lead" door, meaning you have the option of opening one door rather
than two if you have an even number.
As a rough guide, a set of three door white aluminium bi-folding doors will cost £1985 including vat and delivery. All glass is toughened safety glass, A-rated with Argon gas and warm edge spacer bars.
On top of this, you need to allow a fitting price.
PM me if you require more infomation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here