Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elvis.....Have we bought a pup?

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Why doesn't CH rate him? We are supposed to have paid 1.5m for him so why hasn't he forced his way in. Especially with KLL injured and Murphy suspended.

I really thought we would have an "Elvis scores the Winner" headline by now but I think we may have wasted our money.:nono:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Bit early to judge.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Or we are easing in him gently. After all Holla can't cope in this league and Elvis is still only young. Its a long season so lets not worry yet eh?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I gathered he was still adjusting to the physicality and pace of the English Championship? Pretty sure that's what CH said not long ago

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
I gathered he was still adjusting to the physicality and pace of the English Championship? Pretty sure that's what CH said not long ago
Is he man Elvis or a mouse Elvis. He looks built like a brick s**t house. I have my doubts.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i have a suspicious mind about him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is he man Elvis or a mouse Elvis. He looks built like a brick s**t house. I have my doubts.

Hardly his fault if CH won't chuck him in surely?? I'd like to see him play a bit before consigning him to the bin, he is trying to get into the team that are TOP of the CHAMPIONSHIP after all!!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Another Toko? Expected to do well, but a poor bit of scouting.

Elvis was the one player Hughton seemed less keen on. I wonder if Marshall would have had a bigger impact.

Dec 29, 2011
There is no doubt Manu has lots of potential. He was highly rated in The Netherlands and his capture was a bit of a coup for us. Speaking to a Dutch football fan recently he said Manu will do great things for us, based on his performances in the Eredivisie. Hopefully he can make the step up soon - you have to remember we're still only in the third month of football, it can take a lot longer than that to settle in a different country at that age, let alone play in the 6th best league in the world.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Well to get game time he is going to need to show it on the training ground and thats not just him, that everyone.. He has come up against good competition this year so he really needs to be giving 100% in training every day. After all, Murphy seemed to walk straight back into the team after his suspension

You can take a chance with someone when you go 2 or 3 goals up but we havn't had that luxury as of yet. When that happens he might just get his opportunity

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Hughton wouldn't play him just for the sake of it but as soon as any of the main starting eleven players start having to miss games he will have to take his chance and rise to the challenge. Even now with Rosenior probably having to go to LB and Kaz possibly not ready, the only choices on the wings are Murphy, March and Manu. If Baldock or Hemed get injured he may even be 3rd choice striker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here