Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unannounced engineering works at Preston Park station

D

Deleted User X18H

... lat night . Between 02:20 and 03:40 after last train and before first . Very loud cutting equipment. Anyone else disturbed? I have a press conference to attend at midday. Don't want to be falling asleep in that. It's not allowed. Anyhow I thought Network Rail had to give advance warning of such audible intrusions.

I shall be writing to Raw, Kitkat, Fracking Lucas and Sir Peter Parker about this.

Crennis

Apr 13, 2011
Pompey (send help!)
They probably are supposed to give notice but if its emergency work which would prevent trains running the following morning then I'm sure Network Rail would rather have a few complaints from local residents to thousands of complaints from stranded passengers.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
... lat night . Between 02:20 and 03:40 after last train and before first . Very loud cutting equipment. Anyone else disturbed? I have a press conference to attend at midday. Don't want to be falling asleep in that. It's not allowed. Anyhow I thought Network Rail had to give advance warning of such audible intrusions.

I shall be writing to Raw, Kitkat, Fracking Lucas and Sir Peter Parker about this.

You live near a railway line and guess what?

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011

That's an outrage. I'd be writing my letter of complaint right now if I wasn't responding to your whining. Get over it.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Is Gus coming back?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You should be pleased.
Without it you'd have to find another way to shoe horn, into a thread, the fact you're going to the press conference.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Maybe you should bring it up at the press conference, I'm sure we'd all like to know how Chris Hughton feels about unplanned engineering works.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

You're in luck. My eight year old says he can sub in for you at the press conference while you get some much needed beauty sleep. He might have to dumb down his spelling and grammar in the write up to make it look authentic, but he's prepared to give it a go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here