Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Championship this weekend 29-31/10/15

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's a big weekend for us (29 pts). Hull (25) are away but in fine form will be hopeful of a win at fourth bottom MK Dons.

The rest of the chasers are all at home. Burnley (25) will fancy beating Huddersfield, Middlesbrough (24) will relish hosting hapless Charlton, hot Derby (24) will expect to spank Rotherham whilst Birmingham (24) face Wolves in a West Midlands Derby.

It's not inconceivable that a defeat at Reading could see us catchable by all of these sides and all but Hull are at home, again, in the full round of Championship fixtures next Tuesday (Brentford v Hull, Burnley v Fulham, Middlesbrough v Rotherham, Derby v QPR, Birmingham v Blackburn, Reading v Huddersfield).

Thursday
Leeds v Blackburn 19:45

Friday
Brentford v QPR 19:45

Saturday
Birmingham v Wolves 12:30
Bristol City v Fulham 15:00
Burnley v Huddersfield 15:00
Derby v Rotherham 15:00
Ipswich v Cardiff 15:00
Middlesbrough v Charlton 15:00
MK Dons v Hull 15:00
Reading v Brighton 15:00
Sheff Wed v Nottm Forest 15:00
Preston v Bolton 18:00

Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 23.06.41.png

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The only ones that can mess this up is ourselves

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's a complete reversal of what we had last week - two "easy" games at home with nearly everyone else facing two away games.

Not beating Preston could look an even poorer result in the very near future.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
If my auntie was a man she'd be my uncle

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If my auntie was a man she'd be my uncle

Oh, absolutely. But I'd be amazed if either Derby or Middlesbrough don't pick up all six points, if not both. A maximum haul for Burnley is also a strong possibility. And if Reading do beat us, they look set for the same.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not beating Preston could look an even poorer result in the very near future.

It would appear that the Preston result revealed we are looking a bit thin in midfield if Kayal and Stephens are unavailable. We were fairly desperate in that area last season and they weren't around either.

Overall this season results have probably been better than performances, whereas last season the reverse was the case. With the exception of Derby away, I can't recall us being a lot worse than the opposition on many occasions, just toothless.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is there really another international break? It just never feels like the season gets going properly.
Yes.

It's the weekend set aside for Euro 2016 qualifying playoffs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here