Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What dreadful news!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I thought he couldn't drum any more. Can't remember exactly, but doesn't he have some sort of back injury?

Perhaps he's planning to get Chester out of retirement, too and just do the singing.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Still shudder at the rumour many moons ago, that this buffoon, was approached to invest in our club. Having said that I prefer the sound of barrel scrapping to his singing.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Phil Collins was a fantastically talented musician, his first three albums are class. I also love genesis. I know people take the piss but he is only one of three artist to sell over a 100 million albums as a solo artist and as part of band. Some of the drumming on the early genesis albums is amazing.

But I really hope he does not try and make a come back, just leave it. There nothing worse then a once decent artist now old, no voice and can't drum. So at this point I agree with the haters. Please, please don't do it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I thought he couldn't drum any more. Can't remember exactly, but doesn't he have some sort of back injury?

Perhaps he's planning to get Chester out of retirement, too and just do the singing.

Apparently he's lined up John Bonham's son to do the drumming.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He was a good drummer - he was good in Genesis (even though I didn't like their music much), he also had some decent solo music, but his over use of drum machine when he produced his own stuff was just dire - would be best to stay retired I think

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Phil Collins is a fantastically talented musician, his first three albums are class. I also love genesis. I know talent less people take the piss, but he is only one of three artist to sell over a 100 million albums as a solo artist and as part of band. Some of the drumming on the early genesis albums is truly amazing.

But I really hope he does try and make a come back. There's nothing better than a decent artist doing what he was born to do, especially if there is a market for it . So at this point I disagree with the haters. Please, please do it.

Corrected for you.
It's like telling an artist not to paint, ffs.
As long as there are people willing to buy his stuff and go see him, all power to him.
To quote Robert Heinlein, "A critic is someone how creates nothing and therefore feels justified to judge the creativity of other people".
I can't wait to hear him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here