Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Renewals

haggis

Aug 1, 2014
Just got our 1901 renewals and see the club have slipped in a couple of changes.
1 A hopeful change that the cup games we see free are "domestic" only
2 Friendly matches are no longer included.
The latter seems very petty given that at friendly matches 1901 members contribute to bar takings etc. There are quite a few members considering their position and this sort of meanness, for the price being paid, will put people off

Jan 30, 2008
Just got our 1901 renewals and see the club have slipped in a couple of changes.
The latter seems very petty given that at friendly matches 1901 members contribute to bar takings etc. There are quite a few members considering their position and this sort of meanness, for the price being paid, will put people off
:facepalm:
regards
DR

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The trouble is that if you want to play attractive games against the likes of Sevilla you have to pay their costs in competition with other bidders and with low crowds every penny counts towards that

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I noticed this as well. I was going to post but the NSC search engine seems a bit screwy and I couldn't find the original thread.

The domestic cup change is an interesting one. Whilst the friendly match change was previously communicated, this wasn't. I guess Barber is future proofing against European games but come the day I expect to be able to sit in my same seat. And it seems strange this wasn't previously mentioned.

Also. I'm now a little confused as to what is enshrined in the license and what is enshrined in the actual 1901 club membership. What are the terms and conditions of the license? I have a document from 5 years ago which clearly states it's a license agreement and has certain T&Cs . It now appears a lot of the T&Cs have been moved over to the club membership. I need to check this, I'm not at home, but this doesn't seem right (or allowable) to me.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I noticed this as well. I was going to post but the NSC search engine seems a bit screwy and I couldn't find the original thread.

The domestic cup change is an interesting one. Whilst the friendly match change was previously communicated, this wasn't. I guess Barber is future proofing against European games but come the day I expect to be able to sit in my same seat. And it seems strange this wasn't previously mentioned.

Also. I'm now a little confused as to what is enshrined in the license and what is enshrined in the actual 1901 club membership. What are the terms and conditions of the license? I have a document from 5 years ago which clearly states it's a license agreement and has certain T&Cs . It now appears a lot of the T&Cs have been moved over to the club membership. I need to check this, I'm not at home, but this doesn't seem right (or allowable) to me.

See this thread, and all will be revealed - Is there an issue with Search on NSC?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I can understand being upset that cup games are being limited to domestic cup games (allowing that it is unlikely to be an issue before the next set of renewals, but is missing the pre-season friendly really that much of an issue that people would be willing to give up their tickets over?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can understand being upset that cup games are being limited to domestic cup games (allowing that it is unlikely to be an issue before the next set of renewals, but is missing the pre-season friendly really that much of an issue that people would be willing to give up their tickets over?

This.

A meaningless practice match with a couple of scratch teams going through the motions - even if I had it as a freebie in 1901 I'm not sure I would bother going anyway, I just can't be arsed with friendlies. There are plenty of other reasons for not renewing a 1901 ticket I'm sure, but binning off a training game certainly wouldn't be one of them for me.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
This.

A meaningless practice match with a couple of scratch teams going through the motions - even if I had it as a freebie in 1901 I'm not sure I would bother going anyway, I just can't be arsed with friendlies. There are plenty of other reasons for not renewing a 1901 ticket I'm sure, but binning off a training game certainly wouldn't be one of them for me.

Unless we are in a 3-way with Barca and Real Madrid next season??

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
ST holders have to pay for the friendlies, so this seems like a quid pro quo method of keeping the 1901 price down.

The 1901 price rise may well have been higher if the friendlies were still included ? ???

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Disappointing but not a deal breaker.

abc

Jan 6, 2007

Bit by bit the club have renegaded on the promises made at the presentations upon which people signed up. The above is just one more example. If you took the seat for life (ie having paid a large one off fee on top of the annual subscription) then there is reason to be unhappy. Trouble is that it seems the club can do whatever they want (or at least think they can) because the alternative for life members is to give up their seat and lose their 'investment'.

The Club are getting so much right so I cant understand why they have a blind spot about the 1901. As has been said so many times, 90% of 1901 members are life long fans treating themselves to that 'little bit extra'. Why go out your way to piss them off?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
What is the turnout like for friendlies in the 1901 areas?
If the club are unsure of numbers (e.g everyone could turn up) then it could be costing them quite a bit.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As if you expected to get European games too if we ever made Europa League!? Really?! Of course not.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
What is the turnout like for friendlies in the 1901 areas?

Pretty low.

If the club are unsure of numbers (e.g everyone could turn up) then it could be costing them quite a bit.

Fair point - although they could just make them apply for a (free) ticket, to know exact numbers, rather than charge them for it. :shrug:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Shameful, asking extra totalling peanuts (3,000 x £100?) from loyal members when a European game means either we've raked in tons for winning the League Cup Or and more likely we've reached the Premier League resulting in
1/ TV money of £100m the next season &
2/ finishing 7th = an extra £13m meaning
3/ another season @ £100m, then at worst
4/ 2 parachute payments of £40m & £40m
4/ and TV money from the European game
5/ higher income kick ins from Shirt sponsors
6/ higher income from ad hoardings
7/ increased ST sales

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As if you expected to get European games too if we ever made Europa League!? Really?! Of course not.

The life time license I signed 5 years ago states I have an option on "all first team matches." I would therefore expect all matches.

The bit which concerns me is what is covered by the license agreement and what is covered by the 1901 membership. These are two seperate things. I need to take a closer look at what was covered by the license I originally signed. My first thoughts are that some items enshrined in a lifetime contract have been moved to the 5 yearly membership contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here