Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you have / have you had any Centenarians in your family?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Next month, hopefully, but its not a blood relative - my great grandfather's third wife (I'm descended from the second) will be 100. Her sister is 101. The other two sisters died in their late 70s and late 80s respectively, both from smoking related cancers so they got fairly lengthy innings under those circumstances.

His first wife died in 1917 or 1918 from memory so there's some major timespan covered by them

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Lost my 95 year old Nan in August, still had all her marbles and was living in her own (council) flat right up to two days before the end - and then the council gave us 1 week to clear it out

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Lost my 93yo Gran back in September. She made it to the same age as Grandad. So nervous nineties.

They did get a telegram from the Queen for their Diamond Wedding Anniversary, which in someways has got to be a more impressive achievement I would think.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
My wife's granny made it to her 102 birthday ,then died a day or two later.
My dad is 98 and my mum is 96, so it may happen.

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
An aunt of my father's reached the age of 104.

She was born in summer 1900 so lived in 3 centuries: the 19th (well, she was conceived in it, or born in it if centuries start with '1'), the 20th and the 21st, beat that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here