Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What was the biggest result of your day today?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I smashed the kids at ten pin bowling including a frames 8-10 turkey, which I thought was going to be the peak of my day.

But later, in Tesco, I picked up a big chunk of Jarlsberg and it was reduced to 24p. I'll say that again - 24p.

Massive result.

Can anyone beat that?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Cycled from Victoria to St Thomas' Hospital and back without getting splattered by a halfwit motorist or a middle aged maniac on a bike in lycra. Its a fecking miracle.

Still, trashing the kids at sport is pretty cool :bowdown:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
My baby boy threw up straight into my mouth this morning. I hadn't even got out of bed. The missus just passed him to me to entertain.
It sounds bad but the good lady has been in excellent spirits since so a definite result.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Finally got home despite the best efforts of the Gatwick Express, Thameslink, Southern and Gatwick Airport car park from whom I virtually had to buy my car back from after the Southern train this morning got a puncture, or hit a leaf or something and screwed up the entire network and made me miss all my connections to Shrewsbury and back.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Went shopping at Sainsburys.

Pulled out a trolley and the person who had used it before had left their brand match coupon in it.

Assumed it was one of thoise "Your shopping was £1.12 Cheaper than Asda today" ones.

But took a quick glance and it was for £7.16 off your next shop!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well I didn't die, which is nice.........still an hour or so left mind!

:(

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
After 20 minutes someone from Vodafone answered the phone then put me on hold for a further 10 minutes but DID answer my straightforward query.

It doesn't get better than that.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
So no ultra-cheap cheese?

Loser.

I am very jealous. I loves me a bargain. Best dealio I ever got was a £15 piece of steak. It was down to £1.50, I was just about to put it in my basket when the chap with the reducing gun said, "I need to put another sticker on that" and put it down to 75p.

Smashing.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I fixed a transformer for a halogen light that the electrician had said was irreparable and would need replacing. I'm no electrical genius but I can fix a loose connection.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was keeping something in my pocket (not literally) in case someone came out with something astounding to trump my Jarlsberg. [MENTION=687]Carrot Cruncher[/MENTION] may have done that.

So it's time to hit back: Double Gloucester with Stilton. 21p.

Boooooooooooooooom!

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
A
I was keeping something in my pocket (not literally) in case someone came out with something astounding to trump my Jarlsberg. [MENTION=687]Carrot Cruncher[/MENTION] may have done that.

So it's time to hit back: Double Gloucester with Stilton. 21p.

Boooooooooooooooom!

Winner right there. Hooray for cheese!

The Rattler

NSC Patreon
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
Got on a packed tube this morning and had to stand between rows of smug 'seatees'. At next stop person sat immediately in front of me stood and got off - thought for a milli-second about letting the woman next to me have the seat...

....nah, sat straight down and relaxed.

No luck with cheese though today.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here