Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Petition: Arrest Tony Blair for war crimes........

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If anyone has a strong view on this, now is the time to act, sign and share this link on your social media pages . Current total: 9,613 signatures https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/108495

Official UK Government and Parliament Petition.

Arrest Tony Blair for war crimes in the middle east and misleading the public.

Tony Blair led us into a war, using lies and deception, resulting in the death of thousands of our soldiers and hundreds of thousands of civilians. His actions have given rise to instability in the region and terror groups the freedom to rise. He should be arrested and put in prison.

At 10,000 signatures, government will respond to this petition

At 100,000 signatures, this petition will be considered for debate in Parliament

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
So TB gets arrested and convicted for war crimes - lots of people happy.

Claims lodged against the UK for reparation which costs the UK billions - not many people happy.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I'm by no means a Blair supporter but he is being judged by todays standards! I'm not at all sure his actions have given rise to instability in the region the region has always had some form of instability!

Dec 29, 2011
I'm by no means a Blair supporter but he is being judged by todays standards! I'm not at all sure his actions have given rise to instability in the region the region has always had some form of instability!

He knew what he was doing at the time. They said they invaded based on Sadam having WMDs, it's since been shown they knew he didn't. They invaded under false pretenses, condemned thousands to death for their own personal gain and created a whole load of instability in the Middle East which will last for decades.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
He knew what he was doing at the time. They said they invaded based on Sadam having WMDs, it's since been shown they knew he didn't. They invaded under false pretenses, condemned thousands to death for their own personal gain and created a whole load of instability in the Middle East which will last for decades.

Don't be so naïve the Middle East was unstable long before Blair stuck his nose in! Blair didn't start the fire he added more fuel :facepalm:

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Yeah, we should have left a vile fascist dictator in power. I'm with the Kurds, the Iraqi Trade Unions and the what's left of the Iraqi left and I say the only option was to remove him. The way the left in this country (Galloway and Corbyn) deserted the Iraqi left/trade union movement to back the insurgents (led by fascist Islamists) was an absolute disgrace. Try reading what Christopher Hitchins or Nick Cohen had to say about it, it may open your eyes.
There are so many whiny idiots out there screeching "it was an illegal war, it was an illegal war.." over and over, jesus, like a legal war is any effing nicer....

and breathe.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

That point can be argued later in Parliament if it gets to 100,000 signatures.

At this stage I don’t think it is a good reason to not sign because the sentiment is the same with or without that sentence.

I beg to differ on your point though because everything was contained and just needed nursing.

Blair had two options;

a) Throw caution to the wind and go to war without a UN mandate with all the consequences of destroying a country and the voluntary killing of thousands of innocent people, men, women and children in so called collateral damage for the sake of one man?

b) or use that already weakened one man, and by diplomatic means to assert democratic reforms?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If anyone has a strong view on this, now is the time to act, sign and share this link on your social media pages . Current total: 9,613 signatures https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/108495

Tony Blair led us into a war, using lies and deception, resulting in the death of thousands of our soldiers and hundreds of thousands of civilians. His actions have given rise to instability in the region and terror groups the freedom to rise. He should be arrested and put in prison.

At 100,000 signatures, this petition will be considered for debate in Parliament

How pig ignorant. Where did you get the info that 'thousands' of our soldiers died? You are an imbecile.

As others have said, instability and the middle east have gone hand in hand for decades, or had you missed that.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That point can be argued later in Parliament if it gets to 100,000 signatures.

At this stage I don’t think it is a good reason to not sign because the sentiment is the same with or without that sentence.

I beg to differ on your point though because everything was contained and just needed nursing.

Blair had two options;

a) Throw caution to the wind and go to war without a UN mandate with all the consequences of destroying a country and the voluntary killing of thousands of innocent people, men, women and children in so called collateral damage for the sake of one man?

b) or use that already weakened one man, and by diplomatic means to assert democratic reforms?

Because 'b' was very likely!!!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

How pig ignorant. Where did you get the info that 'thousands' of our soldiers died? You are an imbecile.

As others have said, instability and the middle east have gone hand in hand for decades, or had you missed that.

Don't be an arrogant pedantic cvnt, I didn't word it, it’s not my petition, but thousands of coalition soldiers died along with hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians.

All you are doing is picking on the use of words which I have no control over. As soon as you see something that may not be 100% factually correct you are very quick to slip up your own Ar5e and get all righteous about it.

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Grow up.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Yeah, we should have left a vile fascist dictator in power. I'm with the Kurds, the Iraqi Trade Unions and the what's left of the Iraqi left and I say the only option was to remove him. The way the left in this country (Galloway and Corbyn) deserted the Iraqi left/trade union movement to back the insurgents (led by fascist Islamists) was an absolute disgrace. Try reading what Christopher Hitchins or Nick Cohen had to say about it, it may open your eyes.
There are so many whiny idiots out there screeching "it was an illegal war, it was an illegal war.." over and over, jesus, like a legal war is any effing nicer....

and breathe.
good post.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

and breathe.

The fascist dictator who the US, UK and France supplied weapons to in the Iran Iraq war, and the chemical weapons he used against the Kurds.

I know what Christopher Hitchens view is, I also know what Hans Blix, David Kelly, Robin Cook and Clare Short's view were as well.

I can only presume you are a Blairite too.

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
You should see my video strolling around on the roof of the WTC South Tower a few days before 911 - it's amazingly poignant. Now that was without doubt a crime.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here