Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taboo areas: a useful educational graphic for East Anglians

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
The Independent

Scientists have created a body map, showing exactly where people do and don’t like to be touched.
More than 1,300 people responded to Oxford university and Finland’s Aalto university survey that asked where they were comfortable being touched and by whom.
The results, compiled into a “body map index” and published on Monday by PNAS (Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences in America), found men were far more comfortable with physical contact than women, with the single exception of contact with male friends.
The majority of women told researchers the only part of their body they were comfortable with male strangers touching were their hands.
In comparison, men claimed to be more at ease with a female stranger touching any part of their body, including their genitals, than a relative.

body-map-touch.jpg

Bit surprised there is no taboo area marked for mothers and sisters touching you.

I would hit the roof (not in the sexual sense) if my mother or sister dared to touch my genitals.

Attachments

• body-map-touch.jpg
    body-map-touch.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 405

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
So it says there's a dramatic difference between men and women but only shows one graphic, or am I looking at it wrong?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
These scientists need to get out a bit more.

Jan 30, 2008
The Independent

Scientists have created a body map, showing exactly where people do and don’t like to be touched.
More than 1,300 people responded to Oxford university and Finland’s Aalto university survey that asked where they were comfortable being touched and by whom.
The results, compiled into a “body map index” and published on Monday by PNAS (Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences in America), found men were far more comfortable with physical contact than women, with the single exception of contact with male friends.
The majority of women told researchers the only part of their body they were comfortable with male strangers touching were their hands.
In comparison, men claimed to be more at ease with a female stranger touching any part of their body, including their genitals, than a relative.

body-map-touch.jpg

Bit surprised there is no taboo area marked for mothers and sisters touching you.

I would hit the roof (not in the sexual sense) if my mother or sister dared to touch my genitals.

oh dear Greg :safeway:
regards
DR

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here