Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A new job! and not a recruitment agency in sight..

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Congratulations, matey. It's a very big deal and not the easiest thing to do in this economic climate.
What will you be doing? I hope the job's everything you want it to be.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Well done and I hope it works out for you.
I thought about getting into the 9 to 5 again, after so many years out of it not that long ago and looked at some jobs advertised with recruitment agencies.
I managed to get a couple of interviews with the agencies and realised that these places are staffed by people who are too young to have done or know anything much.
They don't realise that skills in some professions are very similar to others and can be adapted to suit a different environment.
They are not interested if you are in your 50's, so never put your DOB on an application and they have very sharp suits.
I thought I'd better stick with what I'm doing rather than ending up demoralised and being left feeling inadequate by a 21 year old graduate who's only experience of working life is probably a part time job behind a bar whilst studying.
Or maybe not even that if their parents could afford to support them.
I'm not ageist just inexperiencedist, new word, I think that these places should be staffed by professional people who have spent at least 15 years in industry at some capacity.
Then they will at least have an idea about how things work in the real world and be able to make better judgements.
Just a thought.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Good luck in your new job.

I hope this doesn't sound patronising but it must be pretty soul destroying to be on the lookout for a new role in such a competitive world.

Best wishes and I genuinely hope you find some fulfilment, purpose and enjoyment from it.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Good luck in your new job.

I hope this doesn't sound patronising but it must be pretty soul destroying to be on the lookout for a new role in such a competitive world.

Best wishes and I genuinely hope you find some fulfilment, purpose and enjoyment from it.

Thanks. It is quite a downer. Besides lack of cash, its the interaction with colleagues, and keeping up with the world I miss. Can only think i had been too picky(? nope), when selecting jobs to apply for.. and for a liveable wage!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here