Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there an issue with Search on NSC?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] - last week I noticed that when I used the Search function I got what seemed to be a very limited results set. I guessed that it was possibly a knock-on effect of the problems you were having with Rackspace.

I have just done another couple of searches, and again I get very limited (and recent) results - for instance, a search for "Reading" returns only 48 results.

Is something up?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No - search works perfectly.

What it doesn't have is much data to search against as I dumped the whole search index table in order to remedy a DB issue that Rackspace had left me with.

Curiously I never use NSC's native search as I find the results too inconsistent. Instead I just go to google and so a site:www.northstandchat.com <search term> search. I've been thinking about putting Google Custom Search onto NSC as the default search engine. Either that or rebuild the whole search index which, with over 7m posts here now, will take quite a long time!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Whilst we are on the subject of NSC tweaks, I notice the likes on Tapatalk aren't reflected on the main site. They are obviously two different things. Any possibility of merging them?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I messed that up.​

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Probably been mentioned somewhere else but why is that NSC seems to be stuck on BST rather GMT? (or is this something I have to change in settings?)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Probably been mentioned somewhere else but why is that NSC seems to be stuck on BST rather GMT? (or is this something I have to change in settings?)

That's a you thing.

http://www.northstandchat.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Screen Shot 2015-10-27 at 00.03.27.png

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here