Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WBA U-21s v Albion U-21s, Lamb Ground, Tamworth, kick-off 7pm tonight

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Another start for 1st year scholar Jayson Molumby. Jack Harper is on the bench:-

[TWEET]658707284391043072[/TWEET]

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Anyone know why we are persisting with Monakana? I'm guessing we've got no one better but I thought the whole idea was to have players playing who could potentially make the step up to our first team in the not too distant future? Of the several clubs he's joined on loan including three league 2 clubs, he's very rarely started, surely we'd be better off playing some of the younger lads like Molumby who will hopefully have a longer term future at the club?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Anyone know why we are persisting with Monakana? I'm guessing we've got no one better but I thought the whole idea was to have players playing who could potentially make the step up to our first team in the not too distant future? Of the several clubs he's joined on loan including three league 2 clubs, he's very rarely started, surely we'd be better off playing some of the younger lads like Molumby who will hopefully have a longer term future at the club?

I agree - it's a disgrace that Molumby isn't starting in this match. Absolute shambles.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
I agree - it's a disgrace that Molumby isn't starting in this match. Absolute shambles.

I think you misunderstood my post completely, I can see Molumby is starting the match which is good news, I'm saying I'd prefer younger players who are highly rated at the club to play over Monakana who will probably be out of the door in the Summer.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I think you misunderstood my post completely, I can see Molumby is starting the match which is good news, I'm saying I'd prefer younger players who are highly rated at the club to play over Monakana who will probably be out of the door in the Summer.

Do you know the names of any of these other, more promising, youngsters?

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Do you know the names of any of these other, more promising, youngsters?

To be honest no, I don't see a lot of U18/21 matches or keep track of them as close as you do. I know Maguire-Drew is being raved about but doesn't play in the same position as Monakana. There's no need to get defensive about it, just questioning the point of playing a player who it seems very likely will be released at the end of the year.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
To be honest no, I don't see a lot of U18/21 matches or keep track of them as close as you do. I know Maguire-Drew is being raved about but doesn't play in the same position as Monakana. There's no need to get defensive about it, just questioning the point of playing a player who it seems very likely will be released at the end of the year.

Defensive? I was poking fun at the fact that you named a player that should be playing instead of Monakana, who was already in the starting line-up.

It sounds like you are more concerned about Monakana NOT playing, than about someone who should be. Strange.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Defensive? I was poking fun at the fact that you named a player that should be playing instead of Monakana, who was already in the starting line-up.

It sounds like you are more concerned about Monakana NOT playing, than about someone who should be. Strange.

As I said you misunderstood my post, and not concerned per se just think it's bizarre. Given the fact that we can't get relegated surely the onus isn't on results, it's about helping develop players who, as I say, could eventually be involved with the first team squad. I'd rather play a 15 year old who is highly rated by the youth coaches than start a player who has failed to impress on several loan spells away from the club and seems destined to leave.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
Definitely held our own in the first half, monkana should have scored. Stand out players - dallison at the back, molumby looks very composed for one so young. Hope to see Harper soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here