The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I'm sure there are quite a few online poker players on the good ship NSC (perhaps we should have a tournament?).

Some of my wunnerful academic chums at MIT have set up a course on poker, it's an opportunity to learn some theory and apply it to your advantage.

Ace high!

http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/sloan-school-of-management/15-s50-poker-theory-and-analytics-january-iap-2015/

Thats the same MIT that a certain named Joseph Jet(t) spelling conspired to trade 0 coupon bonds and forward book the accruel rate as a profit hence making millions of dollars false profit . Classic case study and he got away with it ..

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
A few on here used to have a weekly tournament on a Sunday I think.
Would be good to get something like that going again.

It ended when the site we used got shut down because of the US crack down on internet gambling.
Couldn't even withdraw our money for two years :angry:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ages ago I was listening to an interview/chat with Jeff Ma he of Bringing Down The House fame which went onto become the film 21.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bringing_Down_the_House_(book)

Sadly I can't remember the detail but he was fascinating and made it seem like winning millions was the easiest thing in the world to do.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It ended when the site we used got shut down because of the US crack down on internet gambling.
Couldn't even withdraw our money for two years :angry:

I thought for the past 3/4 years it was on Poker Stars and they are very definitely still open for business

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here