Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transvision Vamp- watching this makes me feel so old

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I saw them/her playing The Dome at the moment they broke through, I seem to remember it was an excellent gig.
So good in fact I saw them play the Centre x months later and it was shitehouse.

A rather short career.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Talking of feeling old, a memory popped into my head yesterday - 'Dial-a-disc'! The good ol' days of phoning what was probably a premium rate telephone line and listening to the top 10 song of your choice. I say listen, it was more like grimace as the tinny sound reverberated back and destroyed my eardrum....

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I saw them/her playing The Dome at the moment they broke through, I seem to remember it was an excellent gig.
So good in fact I saw them play the Centre x months later and it was shitehouse.

A rather short career.

When was that ? I saw them twice around 1986/87 at Top Rank Suite.

(In my poor defence, the second time, it was to also see their support act of Brighton band 'Fuse')

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When was that ? I saw them twice around 1986/87 at Top Rank Suite.

(In my poor defence, the second time, it was to also see their support act of Brighton band 'Fuse')
Oh now you say it, it might have been Top Rank.

The first time was an old punk reunion, the second time was all button down white shirts and side partings.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Wendy James is from East Sussex right? I remember hearing stories about her from older lads when I was a teenager in Lewes but I was never sure if it was all apocryphal.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Saw Transvision Vamp at Manchester International when I was a student. My right hand managed to touch a shirt she took off and threw in the crowd.

Didn't wash it for weeks.

God she was fit

You better not look at her new album cover then, you'll need a guide dog after. Not going to post as defiantly NSFW.

Somehow managed to stumble across her twitter account, have no idea how. It has a picture of the new album cover thereon which I couldn't help noticing :ohmy::mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here