Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Processed meats DO cause cancer - WHO

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so an increase risk of 18%... they never say what the baseline for that increase is. usually because its bugger all.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There's not much that doesn't give you cancer these days. "A recent study has shown...." blah blah blah.

Those doing the studies need a job to justify their existance I suppose, whilst newspapers always have space to fill and need clickbait. Its a symbiotic relationship. Next week it'll be "Jaffa Cakes found to increase the risk of cancer and could BLIND your unborn child" etc.

:yawn:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Radio Five Live is almost unlistenable in the mornings now. If it's not the threat of bowel cancer it's dementia and mental health issues, breast cancer and so on. One listener recently described the show as "Nicky Campbell's Self-Improvement Curriculum" and they were spot on.

I used to think that the regular news about, war, famine, pestilence, weather atrocities etc was gloomy but this health guff takes it to a whole new level.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
What is the point of these surveys? Everything gives you cancer apparently. All I know is that my mother didn't drink, didn't smoke, ate healthily and not to excess and she died of a brain tumour at the age of 61. Just have a bit of fun occasionally, for crying out loud.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I do know that cutting out meat and becoming a vegatarian makes your farts smell ungodly. Enough to mkae paint peel, and your eyes bleed.

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
Like buses, if you wait for a little while, another survey will come along with a different view, like the heavily researched recommendations on eggs, butter, milk, fatty meats, fat in general and most importantly RED WINE. I am getting an anxiety complex having to down as much red wine as I can while the informed view is that it is good for you. Of course I don't drink any whilst abstention is the vogue. I then have absolute confidence that it will only be a few weeks before I can drink again.

I am currently patiently waiting to be told that, overall, sugar is actually beneficial.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Radio Five Live is almost unlistenable in the mornings now. If it's not the threat of bowel cancer it's dementia and mental health issues, breast cancer and so on. One listener recently described the show as "Nicky Campbell's Self-Improvement Curriculum" and they were spot on.

I used to think that the regular news about, war, famine, pestilence, weather atrocities etc was gloomy but this health guff takes it to a whole new level.

Rachel Burden however makes it all worthwhile :love:

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I was taught as a student 30 years ago that red meat causes bowel and colon cancer. In the Far East the rice diet tends to lead to greater rates of stomach cancer and cancers further up the intestine. In the West it's the bacon and blackened (as in barbecued) meat that is the biggest suspect. However this has been known for 30 years. The effect is a SLIGHT increase in risk.

I wonder who decided to make something of this now -and why?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here