Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Avios Points

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
About 300,000 (just from travel this year.......been doing way too much in a new job). Will try to use them next summer - best value is trying to find a long-haul business class trip somewhere, but availability usually crap.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
About 300,000 (just from travel this year.......been doing way too much in a new job). Will try to use them next summer - best value is trying to find a long-haul business class trip somewhere, but availability usually crap.

:clap: impressive

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I collect Virgin Atlantic miles rather than Avios. Most points come from using the VA black Amex card and another load from shopping at Tesco for food and fuel and converting the Clubcard points to VA miles when they offer a bonus on the regular conversion rates.

I'm down to a low total again, but used miles for Upper (out) / Premium Economy (back) for a trip to New York earlier this year and have just used another 220,000 or so miles for Upper Class flights for five people to Florida next Summer.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I am 55000 having started two months ago, boosted by a card bonus and retro claims on a. Couple of flights. Expect to be 100000 by summer next year but unless i keep closing cards and opening new a new one for the bonis, which feels loke a lot of effort, im not sure i will get much higher by then

The Original

Jan 25, 2010
50.83295°N 0.26815°W
110k until last week when I traded 45k for £300 off flights to Portugal next summer (peak season). Probably could have made better use of them at another time but the £300 saving was a help. Get most of my points via BA Amex card. Never spent Avois on anything other than flights.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
A fair few when my Aer Lingus points get converted over in a few weeks/months, I hope. No published conversion rate yet, though. Will be changing card as soon as one is offered again.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I have about 26000, not sure if they're actually value for money once you pay the £35 fees, easyjet is only a few quid more

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here