Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ince

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I was so disappointed with him yesterday.
That was his chance to stake a claim and he looked like a pub player at times. He is far too slow on the ball to play CM and far too lightweight considering he is huge. He should be bossing the game.
What was most annoying was that he didn't seem to show any real desire to impose himself.
I don't think he has a future here if that is the best he has to offer.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He got a couple of telescopic leg tackles in.
He got over the halfway line without panicking.

Ince, and for that matter Crofts, would have been better with Kayal or Stephens next to them.

The team fielded it's third and fourth choice centre midfielders, a kid and a crock, and walked off the pitch with a clean sheet, a point and 13 games undefeated.

In the whole scheme of things I don't think we can ask for any more than that.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Only good at playing the Bridcutt role of sitting in front of the back 4 and winning the ball back. In a 4-4-2 would have JFC and Holla ahead of him.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
That was his chance to stake a claim and he looked like a pub player at times. He is far too slow on the ball to play CM and far too lightweight considering he is huge. He should be bossing the game.
What was most annoying was that he didn't seem to show any real desire to impose himself.

Could not agree more - what on earth has happened to him? When he burst on the scene, I really was impressed but yesterday he was so slow and I also felt, perhaps rather harshly, that his heart was not in it. It was not all the strikers' fault, even though their lack of goals is starting to mirror last season. Hopefully Greer, DS, KLL and BK back next week. Greer may well be needed alongside the other two first-choice defenders if Bong is out, as seems likely.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I tend to look at his perfomance differently in that other than the league cup games as only come on as a sub in the closing stages to shut the door. Therefore I viewed his perfomance akin to a loan player who has been beought in but needs match fitness to show full ability. However unless either of starting 2 are out for a lengthy period we wont see the higher performance which he is capable of

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Very hard to boss the game when he has hardly played any football this season. Just like March he probably needs a run of games to get up to speed etc.

As for having no future at BHA that's just utter drivel. We know what he is capable of and his still a young lad.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He's not played a minute of competitive football since 20 mins at the end of the Bolton game, and for the 8 games before he had a similar amount of game time as a defensive sub. It's a bit unfair to judge him on one performance; we know he has a lot more to offer based on the previous 2 seasons.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The sooner we lose and go back to realistic expectations towards the players that couldn't pass to each other 6 months ago, the happier I'll be. :dunce:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He got a couple of telescopic leg tackles in.
He got over the halfway line without panicking.

Ince, and for that matter Crofts, would have been better with Kayal or Stephens next to them.

The team fielded it's third and fourth choice centre midfielders, a kid and a crock, and walked off the pitch with a clean sheet, a point and 13 games undefeated.

In the whole scheme of things I don't think we can ask for any more than that.

Yes, quite agree. It's one thing coming off the bench for 10-15 minutes, it's another starting a game. He was poor yesterday, but he is still young and its not as though he has had a number of bad games.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He is now 22 and should be pushing for first team spot but showed yesterday that he isnt ready for consideration, so the question remains will he ever at this level or should he drop down a division,, at the moment I am not sure of the answer, Perhaps a months loan somewhere in Div 1. I noticed Dean Hammond has gone on loan to Sheff Utd from Leicester with a view to making it permanent..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just how many games did Manchester Utd win when they had to play without both Keane and Scholes?
Esp when replacing them with Darren Fletcher and Eric Djemba-Djemba? :lol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He is now 22 and should be pushing for first team spot but showed yesterday that he isnt ready for consideration, so the question remains will he ever at this level or should he drop down a division,, at the moment I am not sure of the answer, Perhaps a months loan somewhere in Div 1. I noticed Dean Hammond has gone on loan to Sheff Utd from Leicester with a view to making it permanent..

So him playing yesterday makes me think he is/was pushing for a start and got it. Secondly he is only able to fill 2 positions both of which until yesterday were occupied by our most consistent 2 players of the season to date.

He will have a great future with us.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Give the boy a chance. We know what he do. One bad game, needs match time then time to judge. Not many had a good game yesterday.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Poor performance in a poor team performance. He has had moments when it looked like we were going to struggle to hold on to him and then, like yesterday, he looks like he has not progressed one bit since joining the club.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

You clearly don't play the game or understand it.
At ANY level of football you need 2 or 3 full games to reach match speed/fitness. Desperate luck that Stephens & Kayal both out same day leaving too big an unfit hole to fill

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Ince is a good player but he like murphy and crofts were very rusty as they haven't played 90 mins for a while especially ince and crofts, his first half was fine but he was poor in the 2nd along with the rest, murphy was worse in my eyes but ince made some bad decisions shooting from 30 yrs when he could have set up a winger being one example, but we said before the game upon hearing the team news that crofts murphy and ince need to have good games for us today if we are gonna do anything but they didn't.
He just needs to get fit, be a bit more attack minded and he'll be useful, he was before he can be again.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
You've got to remember he's played most of his football as a centre back. I don't think he's got the skill or the experience to boss a midfield at this level.

People saying that he lacked desire yesterday are being very harsh on him. I think fans very often mistake lack of ability for lack of desire. Ince looked very good for us as a defensive midfielder. As a box to box player he looks lost in the opponents half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here