Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunday: do you believe in Jesus? Do you love Jesus? Do you trust Jesus?

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
I'm no longer religious, so I'm not here to propagate any faith or argue about it. I am interested though if there are people here who do follow religion and what you do.

We had some JWs knock on the door a couple of days ago. I don't mind talking them as they are usually respectful and friendly. After a few minutes I said I was gay and expected them to spew the old crap about sin and abominations etc... but they didn't. They said that everyone is 'welcome' and focusing on the 'sin' isn't always the right way to go about things which rather surprised me as my experience of JWs has been somewhat negative towards people like me.

So perhaps attitudes are beginning to change, not just on this issues but on others too.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
JWs seem to have changed their approach recently as they have a sort of book stand outside mainline stations advertising a lifestyle change as opposed to what they really are.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
He's the Gods bollocks.

Apparently he wasnt called Jesus as there was no "J" real name Yeshua.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Was there a guy called Jesus around that time? Yeah probably, he may have done good things for people too. Was he the son of god? Errr no.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I'm no longer religious, so I'm not here to propagate any faith or argue about it. I am interested though if there are people here who do follow religion and what you do.

We had some JWs knock on the door a couple of days ago. I don't mind talking them as they are usually respectful and friendly. After a few minutes I said I was gay and expected them to spew the old crap about sin and abominations etc... but they didn't. They said that everyone is 'welcome' and focusing on the 'sin' isn't always the right way to go about things which rather surprised me as my experience of JWs has been somewhat negative towards people like me.

So perhaps attitudes are beginning to change, not just on this issues but on others too.

On another how is the people's republic of Brighton & Hove getting on?

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Totally. There is no doubt that Jesus lived.This is recognised by Jews, Muslims and Christians. A person's faith is personal to that person. Eventually we will all find out the truth. I believe and I trust in God so I think I already know the answer.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Totally. There is no doubt that Jesus lived.This is recognised by Jews, Muslims and Christians. A person's faith is personal to that person. Eventually we will all find out the truth. I believe and I trust in God so I think I already know the answer.

Well, no doubt,not sure about that, the gospels were brought together some 400 years after his aged death, similar to us writing about Tudor times today. Jesus is not a name its a title, meaning leader. No mention of this man is made by contemporary historians at that time in history, living resurrection was used in many religions prior to the figure of Jesus arriving in history, little mention is made of his twin brother either at his birth, life or death. As widely portrayed this figure was not a six foot tall, Caucasian with ginger hair.

In answer to your question and holding with Christian values, I find it difficult to believe that the figure portrayed and taught to us throughout our lives is a true reflection of what happened and may even have been fiction.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
CSGjDxSWsAExwxS.jpg:large

I think Jesus appeared before me in my living room last night.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Proofs in the pudding...you don't have that although if it makes you feel better then fair enough.
More chance of Jesus being a dinosaur to be honest :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here