Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sherwood

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Followed up his 'guarantee we'll beat Swansea' with a 'we'll definitely stay in the Premier League'.

Desperado.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Another bullet we dodged, not that he may have come here in any case. It always amazes me how long these managers hang on for - Dougie Freedman being another prime example of someone who should have never been employed by Forest in the first place, let alone still be in the job.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
'Dodged a bullet' is right.

My theory about Sherwood is that he could be a very good and successful assistant/No2 at a very good club, but that he isn't a manager. Sadly having had a taste at Spurs his ego will never accept this, dooming him to being permanently unsuccessful.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Will be getting a P45 shortly

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
He looked broken, absolutely destroyed, on MOTD. I felt quite sorry for him.

Didn't see it but have little sympathy - you can rest assured if they were doing well he would not be shy in taking the plaudits. When he was linked to Albion I was genuinely concerned - think he gets a short term bounce then is found out (like Stuart Pearce).

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He's saying all the right things, but it's surely only a matter of time before he gets the flick. I wonder if we'll see him managing a team in our division this season?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
'Dodged a bullet' is right.

My theory about Sherwood is that he could be a very good and successful assistant/No2 at a very good club, but that he isn't a manager. Sadly having had a taste at Spurs his ego will never accept this, dooming him to being permanently unsuccessful.

I think it shows how well we did to recruit Mr H.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I can't wait for his departing words of wisdom.

I've sure they'll focus heavily on how hard he worked, how great the lads all were and that ultimately it's not really his fault because blah blah passion blah lads blah.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its a basket case club. The owner wants out and doesn't invest in the squad. The team stayed up by the skin of its teeth last season, so then they go and sell their two best players in the summer (Benteke and Delph) and fail to replace them. What else was going to happen ? Any team still relying on the likes of Agbonlahore for goals is going to be seriously struggling. I mean look at their bench yesterday - Westwood, Traore, Amavi, Sanchez, Gil, Bunn, Crespo. Not exactly a who's-who is it. More of just a "who ??"

Villa have flirted with relegation for a few seasons now but I think this will be the one when they go, regardless of who's in charge. Any manager there is on a hiding to nothing.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Down in the New Forest for half term with family and have got tickets for the Saints v Villa Capital One Cup match on Weds, reckon a beating from Southampton could be the final nail

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Stating the Swansea match was a "must win" wasn't the smartest move. He has nowhere to go now.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
feel a bit sorry for him because, while possibily out of his depth as a manager, he's been given a shitty stick to work with. i've been expecting them to go down for years and somehow they manage to defy gravity, this must be the season.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why all the vitriol towards Sherwood ? What has he done to you ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here