Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF Downunder

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
By now you've probably seen bits on last weekends match, with so much going on this week with SDU it's taken me a week to give you a proper run down.
Thankfully Bobby Townsend does most of it for me in his weekly blog which is woth reading here http://somethingyousaid.com/2015/10/16/old-rivals-do-battle-in-sydney-for-charity/

Just to add to it, just under 100 turned up with some flying in from Melbourne & Brisbane on both sides, great effort.
Another day more suitable for the beach than football with it touching 30c, as with the 2 previous years the groundsman did us proud with the condition of the pitch. What a match, great goals, saves and goalmouth action in abundance.
It was almost one of those matches when your asked, where were you when that thriller REMF match ended 5-5, many of us will be lucky enough to say, we were there.
It's hard to explain why we didn't go to penalties but it just seemed the right thing to do at the time, with everyone drained by the heat.
The rivalry, as well as the charity are alive and well on this side of the planet.

Attachments

• BHAvCP2015_284.jpg
    BHAvCP2015_284.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 169
Last edited:

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Great turn out, and sounds a thriller of a game, my son skyped and mentioned he would try to get to it, hope he did.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I still would love to see a two legged REMF match for the 15 anniversary of 9/11. 1 leg at Lewes and 1 leg in Australia, with Latest TV showing the games.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Who's your son? I'll let you know.

Adders1 on here, you may know him, he's been in Sydney for about 2 years now and was in Christchurch NZ for about 2 years before that, me and Mrs golddene are heading down there for a visit in April prior to him getting married in Vietnam nam.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Good work, that park pitch looks like it shames many professional league ones

That's because it's not your run-of-the-mill park pitch.
The match was played on the grounds of The Kings School - The Australian equivalent to Eton.
Had to drive past 6 cricket ovals, 2 swimming pools and a dozen tennis courts to get there. Took me 15 mins just to find our pitch and I've played on it before.
Very hard to find any pitch at all this time of year as it's out of season over here, but fortunately, the Head of English is also a Sports Master and hailing from Brighton is an Albion fan - taught at Blatchington Mill 79' - 83'

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here