Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

four top ten sides b4 end of Nov

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Reading,Burnley,Sheff Wednesday away and Birmingham at home before the end of November. Do you think we will be top on Dec 1st.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With a fully fit squad I do not see why not.f The problem is we have numbers but no strength in depth to cover injuries and suspensions in most positions, as today showed.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We always seem to play teams below us.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Usually much happier when we play the better teams.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
To make a bit more challenging it is 7 of top 10 sides in next 9 games. The big 3 spenders - Boro, Derby, Burnley - all won away today and are looking ominously as if starting the predicted charge toward the top. If we are top after those 9 auto promo will be definitely on, but TBH I have my doubts. Just think we are short on quality upfront, and the 2nd XI is not strong enough to cover for suspensions, injuries, loss of form as we saw today.

It has been a great run, and credit to everyone involved, but I question whether it can be sustained to achieve around the 85 points needed for top 2.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
To make a bit more challenging it is 7 of top 10 sides in next 9 games. The big 3 spenders - Boro, Derby, Burnley - all won away today and are looking ominously as if starting the predicted charge toward the top. If we are top after those 9 auto promo will be definitely on, but TBH I have my doubts. Just think we are short on quality upfront, and the 2nd XI is not strong enough to cover for suspensions, injuries, loss of form as we saw today.

It has been a great run, and credit to everyone involved, but I question whether it can be sustained to achieve around the 85 points needed for top 2.

To be in the top 4 after that set of games will be impressive

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Why should we care who we play? As Brighton Lines says, they're all below us and, I would add, by some margin. I would like to think they are more bothered about playing Brighton than we should be about playing anyone else. After all, weren't Ipswich, Hull, Cardiff and possibly Wolves top 10 when we played them? We are top of the league and unbeaten as we close on the last match of October. Hardly grounds for starting to worry about the opposition.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Brilliant. It's a great opportunity to put some daylight between us and them. Bring it on.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
To make a bit more challenging it is 7 of the current top 10 sides in next 9 games. .

Those seven sides probably won't all be in the Top 10 when we play them. And more importantly, as soon as we beat them and they drop down the table a little, people seem to dismiss the achievement (eg Ipswich were top, Hull were second). We have played sides at the top this season - and won. Can't see why it would be different in the coming ten games.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think we are too light on genuine goalscorers to stave off the chasing pack so I don't expect us to be top by the end of November. We've ridden our luck recently, can't continue IMO.

Love to be wrong

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here