Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Big Boards

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I think they were affected by gremlins. They didn't show substitutions, added time minutes or the attendance figure.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Part of PNE's psychological approach to the game I'm led to believe.

1) Win the toss and change us around from the direction we're used to kicking off from - that always works.

2) Refuse to allow their players names to be displayed on the big board citing data protection rules - that stops fans like you gaining inside knowledge and having word sent out to our bench as the game unfolds thereby having undue influence on the game in our favour.

In fact scrap that, it's a load of old bollocks I've just written there, although point 1 might still be true.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ok screens but wht did they not show the line ups? I didnt realise how many times in a game I looked at them until today when they werent there.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Some scout you must have been. There is this major technological breakthrough these days - it is called a programme.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I havent bought a program for 10 years. I downloaded the squad numbers of the opponents players when at Withdean and now dont bother and rely on the big screens. When scouting I was given a copy of the team sheets by the home club.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I havent bought a program for 10 years. I downloaded the squad numbers of the opponents players when at Withdean and now dont bother and rely on the big screens. When scouting I was given a copy of the team sheets by the home club.

So you were scouting for boys ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Boys men they both submit a team sheet. This is distributed to press scouts etc in fact at The Goldstone all members of The Executive Club got given a copy rather than a program.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was thinking PNE players but all the adverts at halftime and action replays were shown.

I'm not sure there were. Not like they usually are, anyway. The screens broke down during the game. I first noticed them going wrong with our free kick in the first half (the only official shot on target) when they tried to show a replay instead it showed live action. A short while later there was a blue screen with the little AV-source icon in the corner. From then on it seemed to just show the logo, and was switched off at full time.

Perhaps that stupid whistling sound every time a tweet appeared on the highlights caused some trouble.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm not sure there were. Not like they usually are, anyway. The screens broke down during the game. I first noticed them going wrong with our free kick in the first half (the only official shot on target) when they tried to show a replay instead it showed live action. A short while later there was a blue screen with the little AV-source icon in the corner. From then on it seemed to just show the logo, and was switched off at full time.

Perhaps that stupid whistling sound every time a tweet appeared on the highlights caused some trouble.

They showed the half time chat with Johnny Byrne and the adverts all OK.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
They showed the half time chat with Johnny Byrne and the adverts all OK.

I remember the chat with Byrne, I don't remember all the usual adverts (i.e. I don't remember the video adverts). Perhaps the live feed was fine, just the video playback had issues (that also affected line ups)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here