Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gallagher removing the ref's spray

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Can't see a thread on this, apologies if there is.

Midway though the second half Preston had a free kick down by the North West corner flag. After the ref had marked the position of the ball and turned to pace out the wall Paul Gallagher scooped up the spray and tried to relay it a couple of yards forward.

Surely that's a yellow card offence? Ref took no action, even though it was obvious what had happened.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Midway though the second half Preston had a free kick down by the North West corner flag. After the ref had marked the position of the ball and turned to pace out the wall Paul Gallagher scooped up the spray and tried to relay it a couple of yards forward.

Surely that's a yellow card offence? Ref took no action, even though it was obvious what had happened.

I thought I saw him move forward as the ref was pacing out the 10 yards, but then saw the spray, so thought I was seeing things.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Yep, right in front of where we sit, that passage of play ended wth Bruno heading off the line I think!

el punal

G

That was a close shave.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Reminds me of us playing at Aldershott one year when we got a penalty. There was a break in play between Sully placing the ball and him taking the kick. One of the shots defenders kicked up the mud in front of the ball during this period. Sully kicked the mud and the ball trickled to the keeper.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I don't think the ref actually knew what to do. He certainly saw him remove the foam and for a moment looked as if he was going to go back and have a word.
He then just carried on pacing out the 10 yards.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here