Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Are TalkTalk a busted flush ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Was with them years ago after they bought out Tiscali and been with BT ever since. Surely the game is over for them ?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I signed up with them about 10 days ago, I feel like I should just as well post my account details on here and let you all help yourselves.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Never had a problem with their telephone and broadband service. Always been reliable, Its when you have to deal with their customer services it all goes west. :down: Plus nobody working in a call centre in Bangalore is called Darren, Gary or Emma. Nor should they say "have a nice day".:at the end of a frustrating call. facepalm:

The latest revelations are cause for concern, no matter what fluffy reassurance the MD spins out.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
They've just announced on the news,the breach is not as bad as first thought.

I wondered if it was an inside job, or a recent employee who's left.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It was the website that was attacked not the core TalkTalk site with all the personal information. Worse case the hackers got a collection of names and the last four digits of card numbers. Apparently.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It's an interesting one.

If you were going to sign up with a mobile provider tomorrow, would it be Talk Talk? Probably not.
If you are an existing customer would you be looking to terminate and go elsewhere? Probably.

Once a company loses the trust of existing and prospective customers, it is hard to see how they have a sustainable business.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
NTL were a busted flush joke of a company with a reputation for woeful customer service, but they suddenly became virgin media and everyone forgot how bad they were.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
The sad thing was that they took over a number of the good companies, such as Freedom 2 Surf, who I was with (though their service was getting distinctly worse before Talk Talk took over), Nildram and Pipex. In the end though, I gave up on them and went to BT because we get such a poor service in this area that when a technical fault arises, I prefer to deal with the company causing the fault in the first place. If you are with another ISP, they insist on you doing a number of pointless checks, because BT will charge them, when you know the fault is with the BT equipment.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
It's an interesting one.

If you were going to sign up with a mobile provider tomorrow, would it be Talk Talk? Probably not.
If you are an existing customer would you be looking to terminate and go elsewhere? Probably.

Once a company loses the trust of existing and prospective customers, it is hard to see how they have a sustainable business.

This is an interesting question as ive just signed up and got the engineer installing the line later in the week so can cancel.

Ive decided to stick with it for a number of reasons. The faults been found so wont happen again, the worst that can happen is they go bust then I move on to new ISP.

The info stolen is incomplete and bank accounts are monitored, theyve lost the element of suprise. Losing customers means I will get faster broadband.

Customer Service is generally crap, ie 3, anyway.

No doubt I will be back in this thread ranting at some point, the storm though has passed but the CEO needs to go.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
This is an interesting question as ive just signed up and got the engineer installing the line later in the week so can cancel.

Ive decided to stick with it for a number of reasons. The faults been found so wont happen again, the worst that can happen is they go bust then I move on to new ISP.

The info stolen is incomplete and bank accounts are monitored, theyve lost the element of suprise. Losing customers means I will get faster broadband.

Customer Service is generally crap, ie 3, anyway.

No doubt I will be back in this thread ranting at some point, the storm though has passed but the CEO needs to go.

is this not the third time this year that they have been hacked/ had data stolen?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Wasn't the Hack over a month ago and they have tried to keep it quiet ever since but in the meantime some have lost thousands. Great customer service get what you pay for I suppose

NTL were a busted flush joke of a company with a reputation for woeful customer service, but they suddenly became virgin media and everyone forgot how bad they were.

Unless you've actually worked for NTL, you'll never know just how bad they actually were. Virgin media bought them out (if memory serves NTL were 9 billion in debt at the time) and improved things for the customers.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here