Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kicking the wrong way......

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Have we ever won kicking towards the South in the second half? The only other time I remember an away team swapping us round was against the scum during the first season at the Amex.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Huddersfield, 2012-2013, Ulloa hat trick in a 4-0 win, but it does seem to affect the team. One of the reasons I'd like to see the away fans in the corner and Albion fans behind the goal.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I know it's never going to happen but wouldn't it be nice if the club/police let 1000 northstanders walk up to the southstand at half time?

Seen this happen at Cheaterfield the year we won the title. They scored in the last minute with their end behind the goal packed out with fans who were standing next to us in the first half.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Surprised more teams don't do this both at the Amex and elsewhere. Most home sides have a preference for which end they attack in a second half, so if the toss is won, make them play the other way.

One hot tub one ambition

Apr 28, 2015
Hove
Brighton 1-0 burnley 2013 i think Spanish Davo scored a volley towards the North Stand first half?
Also the inferior game v doncaster 2014 ulloa scored a bullet header towards south?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Surprised more teams don't do this both at the Amex and elsewhere. Most home sides have a preference for which end they attack in a second half, so if the toss is won, make them play the other way.

I have been thinking this for a very long time.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I sit at the north end of WSU, an me and my son decided to change ends at half time today. We went and sat in B Block for the second half.

The second half was shit, but so was B Block. Weird, quiet (too damn quiet) and full of people I didn't recognise.

I am not doing this again, so I would be grateful if the powers that be prevented a recurrence.

Thank you.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Brighton 1-0 burnley 2013 i think Spanish Davo scored a volley towards the North Stand first half?
Also the inferior game v doncaster 2014 ulloa scored a bullet header towards south?

For that Doncaster game I watched the 1st half from my usual seat in north, then walked through the west and watched the 2nd half from the south

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Huddersfield, 2012-2013, Ulloa hat trick in a 4-0 win, but it does seem to affect the team. One of the reasons I'd like to see the away fans in the corner and Albion fans behind the goal.

This is completely right. We need the south stand packed with Albion fans. Stick the oppos in East lower, south end, with the sun in their eyes and little chance of creating any atmos. Unfortunately this means putting a nasty partition in the catering area. But it is not rocket science.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This is completely right. We need the south stand packed with Albion fans. Stick the oppos in East lower, south end, with the sun in their eyes and little chance of creating any atmos. Unfortunately this means putting a nasty partition in the catering area. But it is not rocket science.

It would be nice to see the North stand packed for a change. If we can't pack that what makes you think we could pack the South stand?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Footballers are a superstitious bunch, and it really does feel wrong doesn't it? Wouldn't be surprised if it threw them off a bit.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It would be nice to see the North stand packed for a change. If we can't pack that what makes you think we could pack the South stand?

It looks pretty filled to me ???

Regardless, I just find the sight of one end devoid of us a bit silly. This is connected with the thread about kicking South first half, and the near obsessional desire for this at the coin toss. We are handicapping oourselves by not populating the ends strategically.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here