Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you fat?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Yes.
I like shit food and booze more than I like exercise.
Bought a couple of cardio machines and switched a lot of my diet to Quorn.

:shrug:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If so....
Why are you fat?
What do you intend to do about it?

No excuses please :)

Why don't you take up running or something? This, combined with a healthy diet, should see you trim.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Nope, ideal weight, thanks to loads of walking and a sensible diet.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
6ft 2 and according to bmi I am over weight at 14st 3 and should be 12 stone , well that's taking the Micky if I was 12 st then I would look seriously ill .

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm certainly somewhat chunky. Gained quite a bit this year with the slipped disc that won't unslip itself, allowing me to run again. Still cycle, but that doesn't quite burn all I want it to. Need to just lower my portion size and give up on bread, which is probably the cause of 28% of face size. Will never be wholly lean, but would like to debloat a bit and be less perturbed by works photos. It can be done, but only I can do it, for those that can dance just clap your hands to it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
How are you defining fat? At my medical I was classified officially overweight but I've done 8 marathons and longer this year. Eat what I like, run 50 miles a week, weight stays the same.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
6ft 2 and according to bmi I am over weight at 14st 3 and should be 12 stone , well that's taking the Micky if I was 12 st then I would look seriously ill .

According to the NHS guideline relating to BMI, you're only 4 lbs overweight.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
I'm obese according to BMI. 5'8 and 18 stone. I play rugby so i consider myself a healthy fat if that makes sense.

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
If so....
Why are you fat?
What do you intend to do about it?

No excuses please :)
I am fat because as I get older it is impossible to exercise as much as I did, my body metabolism has changed which means calories do not burn off like they used to and another big reason is that although I avoid ready meals, fizzy drinks etc the food peeps seem to manage to put sugar and salt in everything where you don't expect it. I will continue to walk for a few hours each day and generality eat less and drink less booze. I might die of boredom before I notice any benefits. If you are oldish and don't have the same problem you are lucky so stop preaching. If you are youngish …. well just wait!

Last edited:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Running is terrible for weight loss

:lolol: Wind up.
The only thing that may be 'bad' for is a heavily overweight person putting strain on their knees and ankles.

Cardio, including running, is the best cure for weight loss.
HIIT shreds fat.

I'm 22 on the BMI calculator (even though that's a shit measure of health).
Play football 4 days per week, gym 1 day per week.
Still waiting for those bottom 2 abs to pop out but they seem to be shy.

Diet > Cardio > Weights

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I guess if you go by BMI then I am. 5' 11" and 15st, but I swam a lot as a child and run 1-2 times a week now. I'm not 'fat' to look at apparently, but I'd like to shed some for my self esteem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here