Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bong ready to play on through the pain [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Gaetan Bong is ready to play through pain again for Albion against Preston today.
The left-back suffered a severe cut to his left foot during the first half of last Saturday’s win at Leeds.
He soldiered on after taking tablets and helped the Seagulls to another 2-1 victory at home to Bristol City on Tuesday following ice treatment, stitches and an injection.
Bong, below, said: “It was very bad. I was in pain and running on one foot. I thought about dropping out but I saw afterwards GG (Gordon Greer) had a problem and Liam (Rosenior) had a problem, so I decided to wait until half-time.
“I took pills for the pain and said ‘Okay, 45 minutes more’.

“I don’t remember how many stitches I had. I just remember the gaffer was speaking, I was crying on the side and everyone was laughing because it was painful.”Bong maintained his record against Bristol of playing every minute in the league so far for the Seagulls.
“I tried to run straight most of the time, not change direction too much,” he said.
“When you are professional you know what you can do and if I thought I couldn’t play I’d say no, it’s too much. I gave my best and now I need to do the same.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here