Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben Marshall

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
first time I have watched Jordan Rhodes and I like what I see, with the right sevice would do us nicely?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

scooter1

How soon is now?
Rhodes is a great player at this level, but untested higher. The problem is that Blackburn paid too much and pay him too much, so their expected return is unattainable. No PL team seems prepared to take a punt on an 8 figure risk, and with all the FFP malarkey going on, a Championship club doesn't have the money required

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Rhodes is good enough to keep them up on his own........ unfortunately for them that's up in the Champ not the Prem.

He's great but very overpayed for the level he plays at currently yes. Kind of prohibitive to any moves

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Rhodes is a great player at this level, but untested higher. The problem is that Blackburn paid too much and pay him too much, so their expected return is unattainable. No PL team seems prepared to take a punt on an 8 figure risk, and with all the FFP malarkey going on, a Championship club doesn't have the money required

They turned down a big bid from 'boro in the Summer. £12m possibly - can't recall.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Played a lot of games at fullback this season and has done well, Looking at how well Odubaje has done at Hull after converting from the wing to defence he could be a viable option.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Sorry to suggest this but, if scouting reports show him as an excellent right full back who can go forwards, perhaps not a bad shout especially as, despite his fantastic season, Bruno is getting on a bit.
Better to prepare for an eventuality rather than have a situation suddenly jump up and bite.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry to suggest this but, if scouting reports show him as an excellent right full back who can go forwards, perhaps not a bad shout especially as, despite his fantastic season, Bruno is getting on a bit.
Better to prepare for an eventuality rather than have a situation suddenly jump up and bite.

Liam Rosenior is an excellent right back.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Would we play him at RB? Calderon will most likely be released at the end of the season so we will need another full back next season regardless.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Would we play him at RB? Calderon will most likely be released at the end of the season so we will need another full back next season regardless.

I have a feeling that Calderon will move to someone like Crawley but still be employed by Brighton as some sort of Club Ambassador because of all the PR and Charitable work which he currently does for the club.

As for Ben Marshall. If we go up then we will be back in for him like a shot I would have thought.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I have a feeling that Calderon will move to someone like Crawley but still be employed by Brighton as some sort of Club Ambassador because of all the PR and Charitable work which he currently does for the club.

As for Ben Marshall. If we go up then we will be back in for him like a shot I would have thought.
Yeah, agreed. He still has something left in the tank just not for a championship club. He can do his coaching badges and then join the staff when he retires!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Next season, especially if we're in the PL, we'll have to be looking to replace some of our ageing defenders - Calde certainly (sorry!), Greer very probably - and we'll just have to hope whatever youth serum Bruno is on doesn't turn out to be illegal! In those circumstances, Marshall might be a good option, although Blackburn may well scupper any deal by demanding too much.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Whatever happens I can't see us making a move for him. When it comes to wingers Hughton has enough options already and I wouldn't view Marshall as being an upgrade on what we have already got.

I can see us moving a winger or 2 on yet, largely depends which division we are in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here