Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travel Advice please.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I am taking my son to his 1st game today (hes 4). We are in shoreham and I wondered if anyone in here could advise the best time, route and mode of transport is best? Tar

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I am taking my son to his 1st game today (hes 4). We are in shoreham and I wondered if anyone in here could advise the best time, route and mode of transport is best? Tar

We take kids on train (from Fishersgate) but they are both 9. The trains in to Brighton from the west can be as busy as the ones to Falmer. On the way home you will need to queue at Falmer AND Brighton to get home. Shouldn't be too long a wait at Brighton unless they have either under filled a train or cancelled one. They do both these things pretty much every week.

If you're going for the train make sure he is ok in crowds, ok in queues and has had a wee before you leave.

Might be worth seeing if there is a Seagull Travel coach from your way. Though you will pay extra it will pick you up, drop you to the door of the Amex and get you home again without queuing. Graduate to the train if you are going with a group or when he can handle the above.

D

Deleted User X18H

We take kids on train (from Fishersgate) but they are both 9. The trains in to Brighton from the west can be as busy as the ones to Falmer. On the way home you will need to queue at Falmer AND Brighton to get home. Shouldn't be too long a wait at Brighton unless they have either under filled a train or cancelled one. They do both these things pretty much every week.

If you're going for the train make sure he is ok in crowds, ok in queues and has had a wee before you leave.

Might be worth seeing if there is a Seagull Travel coach from your way. Though you will pay extra it will pick you up, drop you to the door of the Amex and get you home again without queuing. Graduate to the train if you are going with a group or when he can handle the above.

That seems most reasonable from Fishersgate

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you can allow more time, and don't want to be in a large crowd with him, you could catch the 2 to Brighton, and then the 25 to Falmer.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Stay on the number 2 and get off at the race hill & use the park & ride as I find this the quickest one when leaving the match.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Go to the park and ride at the racecourse. He'll love going on the bus!

You'd probably want to get there by 2ish so he can have a bit of a wonder around the ground beforehand. That's what I'd do anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here