Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Updated: Albion's Forster-Caskey set to have loan spell extended at MK Dons [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion midfielder Jake Forster-Caskey is set to have his loan spell with Championship rivals MK Dons extended.
The England under-21 international is due to return to the Amex after Dons' game at QPR tomorrow but an extension is on the cards.
Forster-Caskey, struggling for game time with Albion so far this season in the face of fierce competition for places, has been playing regularly in his month with the Buckinghamshire club.
Boss Chris Hughton told The Argus: "I will have the conversation with them and see what their thinking is. Technically the loan finishes after Saturday's game but I'll get their thoughts on what they want to do.
"If it's something we think is right then we'll take the next steps. He's played, as far as I know, every game since he went and the first game was two days after he went there, straight into the live game against Derby, and I thought he did well in that.
"So the feedback is he's played, they've liked what they've seen. The manager (Karl Robinson) knew him quite well anyway. Some loan periods work out very well and, because of the timing and because we haven't had injuries in that position, it's one that has worked out very well for both parties."
Any extension would prevent Forster-Caskey from playing at the Amex when the teams meet on November 7.
Robinson would like to sign Forster-Caskey for good but he is under contract until June 2017 and Albion are not planning to sell him.
Robinson said today: "I'd love to sign him. He'd be a tremendous acquisition. He's a loan player though.
"We'll speak to him after the game. I'd love to make it a permanent deal. He has made a really big impact and a big influence on the group.
"He's a great kid and very talented but we'll have to wait until we sit down and talk. He has shown me and the fans how good a player he's going to be."

Meanwhile, former Real Madrid prospect Jack Harper is closing in on his first appearance for Albion in the under-21s.
Scottish youth international forward Harper and giant Finland under-21 striker Vahid Hambo have both recovered from injuries they were carrying when the Seagulls signed them in the summer and they are back in training.
Monday's match for the under-21s away to West Brom at Tamworth (7pm) may come too soon for the pair.
Hughton said: "For those two it's about making sure they have a good enough period of training under their belt before we put them into games but it's really good to see them both back and I am looking forward to seeing as much of them as possible."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here