Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So according to Naylor in the Argus we are interested in Calleri, Lodeiro and ANOTHER....

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
South American striker.

Clearly not all our eggs are in just the one basket....

Exciting times.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Neymar? Aguero? Suarez?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
These guys only have to put up with playing for the Albion for half a season then if we fail to gain promotions they may have a release cause in there contracts and if we go up they will get paid Premier wages and would be worth more on the transfer market.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
These guys only have to put up with playing for the Albion for half a season then if we fail to gain promotions they may have a release cause in there contracts and if we go up they will get paid Premier wages and would be worth more on the transfer market.

Put up with!?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
The way I've read it is that we're looking at another South American striker who is playing out there already? Not a South American striker playing here or in Europe.

So I wonder who this other striker plays for down there? Who is near the top of the striker chart and is reasonably young (resale value)

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The way I've read it is that we're looking at another South American striker who is playing out there already? Not a South American striker playing here or in Europe.

So I wonder who this other striker plays for down there? Who is near the top of the striker chart and is reasonably young (resale value)

I was just looking on the scoring charts in the Argentine Prem..

Marco Ruben at the top of the scoring charts would be a realistic target IMO. Joined Dynamo Kyiv from Villarreal in 2012 and struggled to adapt, has been out on loan three times in the last three seasons and is currently banging them in for Rosario Central. His contract at Dynamo runs until 2017 but I can't see him returning there.

Mind you, it seems this season is the only one where he has consistently scored goals (21 in 28). He had two goals in the three seasons before that and is turning 29 in a couple of days, so there are certainly drawbacks.

Another potential target, Leandro Miguel Fernández of Godoy Cruz. 14 goals in 26 apps this season and only 24. Looks impressive on Youtube but then Billy Paynter probably has a highlight real making him look like Lionel Messi.

Again, having a strong season this time around but hasn't scored goals consistently throughout his career.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I was just looking on the scoring charts in the Argentine Prem..

Marco Ruben at the top of the scoring charts would be a realistic target IMO. Joined Dynamo Kyiv from Villarreal in 2012 and struggled to adapt, has been out on loan three times in the last three seasons and is currently banging them in for Rosario Central. His contract at Dynamo runs until 2017 but I can't see him returning there.

Mind you, it seems this season is the only one where he has consistently scored goals (21 in 28). He had two goals in the three seasons before that and is turning 29 in a couple of days, so there are certainly drawbacks.

Another potential target, Leandro Miguel Fernández of Godoy Cruz. 14 goals in 26 apps this season and only 24. Looks impressive on Youtube but then Billy Paynter probably has a highlight real making him look like Lionel Messi.

Again, having a strong season this time around but hasn't scored goals consistently throughout his career.

whos to say its argentina? Brazilian, Uruguay league?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Lets hope these South Americans are full Internationals or have a dodgy European passport or they wont be coming.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
whos to say its argentina? Brazilian, Uruguay league?

I'm merely speculating of course, and I know for sure we are looking at Argentina, hence it made sense to look for players playing there.

On the Brazilian front, Lucas Pratto of Atletico Mineiro could be an option. Argentine that holds an Italian passport and "is also an avid fan of The Simpsons, has tattoos of both Homer and Bart, and an english bulldog named Santa's Little Helper". 12 goals in 28 this season:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm not a big Naylor basher (beyond his writing), but I do find it rather tedious how he claims that he/The Argus are running exclusives when there's a 100+ page thread on here about Calleri. I wonder what their editorial policy is, and whether the editors/advertisers insist on including the bigging up of The Argus at every available opportunity, because it really diminishes what they do and indicates that they're inhabiting an entirely different era to what we're actually in which, in turn, reinforces the increasing irrelevance of the paper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here